rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
elmo

The FA Cup Thread

He is a successful businessman who owns his local football club and pulled a trophy wife. She got a meal ticket and her picture in several newspapers. When they met, it was moider. Everyone is happy. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

He could have pulled off a real PR coup there by owning up to the handball. He'd have been lauded in the papers for his 'amazing FA Cup spirit!' But, no, I guess it's not in his DNA.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

He's probably the one player in the game that I would actually wish harm to. He sucks out all feeling of goodwill with his behaviour.

He's got awesome ability, but is just an utter, utter cunt.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

In some tiny bit of fairness to him, it looked like he expected the goal to not be given at all.

Y'know, initially. But then it was, and he celebrated it, because his side had doubled a lead against fifth tier opposition and winning is all that matters.

I deplore the fact that on the park with your mates, everyone who isn't a total cunt would just admit that there's no goal, but as soon as there's some form of organised competition at stake, almost everyone turns into a deceitful bastard.

• Upvote 2

Cheating scum bag strikes again. LFC fans, defend him away :/

Nothing to defend, it was a deffo handball. How are the linesmen or the ref not seeing it? It's awful officiating. Even Suarez at first looks like he expects it not to be given.

Fuckin commentator is a prick though with "he shows his arm to the crowd" suggesting its down to the handball. That's the way he celebrates every goal. Kisses his ring finger then his tattoo of his daughters name on his wrist, then lifts his arm in a "get in" manor. You'd think that someone's whose job it is to watch football would know that.

• Upvote 2

Aye, that bit was poor. He does always do that, so it was a nothing moment.

Still, hopefully mansfield can get a second and prevent it being the winning goal. It really does LFC no favours.

The worst thing is that with Mansfield's goal, we are now going to hear about nothing but Suarez and his goal as it will be what denies Mansfield a draw or famous win!

He could have pulled off a real PR coup there by owning up to the handball. He'd have been lauded in the papers for his 'amazing FA Cup spirit!' But, no, I guess it's not in his DNA.

Aside from Robbie Fowler (who the ref ignored!), I don't recall anyone ever admitting that a goal or set piece decision was a bad one. I'd love some examples if anyone has them.

The worst thing is that with Mansfield's goal, we are now going to hear about nothing but Suarez and his goal as it will be what denies Mansfield a draw or famous win!

Because it has.

What gets me most is the hypocritical whining double standards of scousers who are the first to be aggrieved at wrong treatment by anything and anyone but defend anything carried out by one of their own.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

A pity Mansfield couldn't find an equaliser.

Just seems like such a shame what with it being the FA Cup and Mansfield being non-league, plus all the great efforts they made to honour the Hillsborough victims.

It just would have been, you know, nice for him to own up.

• Upvote 1

Because it has.

What gets me most is the hypocritical whining double standards of scousers who are the first to be aggrieved at wrong treatment by anything and anyone but defend anything carried out by one of their own.

Oh fuck of with that, it's not just us that do it. Ive seen plenty of other clubs fans defend their players in situations where everyone else blasts them, hell even managers do it. We just have the biggest prick in the league playin for us so sometimes we try to defend him but there was nothing to defend today, he cheated plain and simple.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:
  • holds an opponent
  • spits at an opponent
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

If you think that was deliberate, well good luck to you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was a reaction, plain and simple and even Suarez knew it. It shouldn't have been given.

Nice comments from their manager here though saying he thought it was a reaction, doesn't blame Suarez and would have taken it if it was his side. He's really taken defeat graciously.

It's actually one of those situations where I think the law needs further clarification, because you often see free kicks given for that sort of action, and it's much more likely in this instance that neither the ref nor linesman saw it clearly than they decided it wasn't intentional. Giving the free kick is a safer call for them. Suarez looked like he expected that to be the case - that's how often it happens, I mean that guy would lovingly fondle the ball every time if he could, he knows what he's talking about.

I'd love to see the law officially reworded and reimplemented so that a foul is given if the player or their team gains an additional advantage from the ball contacting an arm or hand that isn't by their sides. Keep the "deliberate" aspect for cardings as additional punishments for blatant illegal play. Just something to deflect any arguments over whether or not a player meant the handball, because as it is, a large number of them are accidental but advantageous.

• Upvote 3

It's actually one of those situations where I think the law needs further clarification, because you often see free kicks given for that sort of action, and it's much more likely in this instance that neither the ref nor linesman saw it clearly than they decided it wasn't intentional. Giving the free kick is a safer call for them.

I'd love to see the law officially reworded and reimplemented so that a foul is given if the player or their team gains an additional advantage from the ball contacting an arm or hand that isn't by their sides. Keep the "deliberate" aspect for cardings as additional punishments for blatant illegal play. Just something to deflect any arguments over whether or not a player meant the handball, because as it is, a large number of them are accidental but advantageous.

Well said. Good to see someone has some sense.

• Upvote 2

ooof, reports on twitter:

Liverpool fans sung "Your support is fucking shit" to the fans who's club left 96 seats empty in honour of the Hillsborough disaster..

Actually thinking about it, i shouldn't really have posted that. Fans will be fans and that's the way it should always be to be honest. Being a Millwall fan and all.