rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
elmo

The FA Cup Thread

Aww yeah, supplying the DRAMA once again. Dandy used the word 'stunning' a little spuriously before, this was a bit more like it. Lovely goal. Got a couple of minutes to avoid the replay too..

*edit*

Well, that's a horrible slice by Valencia to end things. Been a bit off colour since he came on really.

Cardiff lol

Got what we deserved although the club won't care - we don't respect our own identity anymore so disrespecting the FA Cup is no surprise. What has it ever done for us anyway??

Even by ITV standards, last night's highlights programme was abysmal. A couple of the games looked like they'd been filmed from a block of flats outside the ground, while Spurs' game looked like a fan's cameraphone footage. They spent longer replaying near-misses in some games than they spent on goals in other matches. We were told Tevez's free-kick was excellent, but it was hard to tell given that the only angle they showed was apparently from a camera resting on the floor behind the goal. Luton, one of the giant-killers from yesterday, got about two minutes, if that. And when it came to the analysis, Andy Townsend barely said anything, while Matt Smith attempted to hurry Gordon Strachan along by muttering "hmmm, yeah, hmmm, yeah" constantly while he was talking.

It mightn't have been quite so bad if they hadn't cut to ads roughly every ten minutes. The whole thing was a shambles.

• Upvote 2

I turned it off halfway through. Why they have Football rights is beyond me.

Ditto. Turned off after the Villa highlights were on because I wanted to see Weimann's header again. Luckily we were on fairly early in the show so I was spared too much torture. The analysis was awful though. The presenter (Matt Smith?) would make a statement, which was usually saying exactly what had just happened and then Strachan would agree with it. Then they would move on. I know they had 20 odd games to cover, but fuck me, it was half arsed wasnt it? I pulled my phone out at one point to check the #ITV hashtag on Twitter to see if it was just me who thought the show was shite and 95% of it was people complaining about the coverage. Even Lineker had a little chuckle at their expense: (link)

It's a lot harder for them, 29 games so over 3 times what an average MOTD (7 or 8 games?) plus the ads aswell so it needs to be slapdash or they would be there til 3am

4th Round draw

Norwich vs Luton

Macclesfield vs Wigan / Bournemouth

Oldham vs Mansfield / Liverpool

Hull / Orient vs Barnsley

Derby vs Blackburn

Middlesborough vs Aldershot

Millwall vs Aston Villa

Leeds/Birmingham vs Tottenham

Brighton vs Swansea/Arsenal

Crystal Palace / Stoke vs Man City

West Ham / Man Utd vs Fulham / Blackpool

Southend / Brentford vs Chelsea

Reading vs Sheff Utd

QPR / West Brom vs Sheff Wed / MK Dons

Huddersfield vs Leicester

Bolton / Sunderland vs Cheltenham / Everton

What a horredendously dull draw. No doubt that Man Utd will be on TV again for the 37th consecutive game given that they'll likely have Premiership opposition, assuming they beat Weat Ham.

• Upvote 1