Retro Gamer issue 111

A great new issue to start the new year, on sale now.

Cover is based on classic Lode Runner artwork, the main feature marking the 30th anniversary of Lode Runner - this article has some interesting facts that a lot of people will not know.

Video preview from strider:

Also in this issue

From The Archives - Imagitech Design, a British company who forged strong links with Atari

Gaming Legends - David Perry of Shiny Entertainment

20 Sega Games You Never Played

Back to Basic - a look at type-in programs

Desert Island Disks - Shahid Ahmad

The Evolution of the PC Engine

Making of Warcraft - the RTS that came before the MMO

Making of Rampart - the unusual trackball-based arcade game

Making of Carrier Command

And all the usual features including Minority Report (less well-known games such as Magical Puzzle Popils), The Unconverted (arcade games that never made it to home consoles), A Moment With (short interview with Brian Baglow of DMA Design, writer on the GTA games) and Future Classic (this month there's no disputing the choice of Portal as a game everyone should play)

I counted Arabian Fight, and I've only played that on mame. I think mame counts.

Also in this Issue Stonekeep looks really interesting, I shall keep an eye out for it in future, (I think ive passed on it at carrboots and charity shops half a dozen times in the past)

Loved the Desert Islands Discs interview this month (I think I say that almost every month). "Do you think the rejection of the games was down to racism?" "No, they were just crap" :D Really great, down to earth guy.

Loved the Desert Islands Discs interview this month (I think I say that almost every month). "Do you think the rejection of the games was down to racism?" "No, they were just crap" :D Really great, down to earth guy.

I loved Shahid's answer to my question on cancelled projects too.