rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
spatular

Nintendo 3DS

Edit - also, if you like these types of games, Panzer Tactics for the DS is worth a look.

Ooooh - thanks for the tip - to the Google-mobile!

EDIT: Cripes, doesn't look like something I can pick up cheap to try!

A couple of quick questions about New Super Mario Bros 2. I'm tempted to buy, but don't want to end up in an exercise of frustration.

1. Is it as difficult as the Wii U game?

2. Can you save after every level or do you still have to complete a boss level before saving?

Nope, never played Advance Wars. No real interest in Battle Strategy/Tactics games.

Never? Never? Never? Never played Advance Wars?? GET OUT!!!!

You can get Shadow Wars for about £3-5 - give it a go, you might surprise yourself.

Are there any nice cases for the new non-XL? Do I just buy an XL case?

Cases.

Register 2500 points and get the drawstring pouch from Club Nintendo. It's beautiful :wub:

• Upvote 1

Ooooh - thanks for the tip - to the Google-mobile!

EDIT: Cripes, doesn't look like something I can pick up cheap to try!

They redid it as Panzer Tactics HD on Steam. It's £4 or something at the moment. I haven't tried it but as far as I know it's the same game tarted up - ignore the mixed reviews from PC grogs whining about it not being a proper war game. It's a stone/paper/scissors tactics game.

Tony, presuming your objection is to Mario platformers rather than Mario the character, Mario Kart 7 was already brilliant and is now even better thanks to the rock solid new 3D effect.

They redid it as Panzer Tactics HD on Steam. It's £4 or something at the moment. I haven't tried it but as far as I know it's the same game tarted up - ignore the mixed reviews from PC grogs whining about it not being a proper war game. It's a stone/paper/scissors tactics game.

Cheers, but I'd rather have a portable version really - get most of my playtime for things like that while sitting in the airport/on a plane.

A couple of quick questions about New Super Mario Bros 2. I'm tempted to buy, but don't want to end up in an exercise of frustration.

2. Can you save after every level or do you still have to complete a boss level before saving?

1) which Wii U game? NSMBU is pretty easy. 3D World is really easy until you unlock the bonus worlds. NSMB2 is easier than NSMBU.

2) like pretty much all Mario games, you save after bosses and mid-level bosses, but once you've beaten the end boss you can save whenever you like. You can essentially save when you like anyway - just redo a boss or something.

Thanks rgraves, but even for free a Tom Clancy Ghost Recon game in a genre that doesn't interest me, is just not even worth considering. I mean, you may as well recommend meat to a vegetarian. It could be the best ever battle strategy game ever made, but it's literally of no interest. Sorry! I know the recommendation was very well meant.

I'd forgotten about Mario Kart though. Will it seem like a step down after 8 though Darren?

Thanks rgraves, but even for free a Tom Clancy Ghost Recon game in a genre that doesn't interest me, is just not even worth considering.

But it was made by Gollop man, GOLLOP!!

I'm sticking to it as well - I'm almost tempted to spend £3 of my own money to correct this madness ;)

• Upvote 1

Ooh I like drawstrings!

Alas, I only have 1100 :( (points, not drawstrings).

Do you have any to redeem from digital purchases? You can claim them in your purchase history. And I have a spare 250 points from Luigi's Mansion 2 if that helps :)

Seriously, this thing is gorgeous:

8b6ZIFr.jpg

• Upvote 2

I said 'as far as I'm concerned', you know, like an opinion? If you find it great that's wonderful. I just found it utterly pointless and no fun at all. When getting hits you play dull as dishwater non-games or you get a piece of puzzle or whatnot, and I find that about as exciting as cleaning the toilet.

Fair enough. However the examples you're using aren't applicable in the games I've mentioned. They all impact gameplay are interesting and useful. Even Ridge Racer's daft ghost implementation worked reasonably well.

How many points do you get from games? I've got a few knocking about that you can have.

It varies, but about 250 I think. Surely you'll want your own drawstring pouch, Nate? We can be drawstring pouch buddies?

EDIT: I think i'll just save for the Princess Peach Relaxation Set.

post-63-0-22549400-1424262722_thumb.png

Ooh, wasn't there a new Luigi's Mansion game?

There was. It's not as good as the GC original, but it's still decent. Don't think you'll find it cheap anywhere just yet.

luigis_mansion_3ds.jpg

Nah, it's very easy (unless you do the hard DLC stuff). I think you can save whenever yes, can't remember it being an issue anyway.

I really really dont like the game at all mind you, but others would disagree.

It varies, but about 250 I think. Surely you'll want your own drawstring pouch, Nate? We can be drawstring pouch buddies?

EDIT: I think i'll just save for the Princess Peach Relaxation Set.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I'm not a drawstring bag kinda guy. I've got 4 lots of star point thingies from retail purchases if you want them for your little sack.

Edit - but I can't in good conscience give them to you if you're going to put them towards a Princess Peach relaxation set. I would also have to sever any and all future contact with you.

• Upvote 1

I'll take the codes if Takizawa doesn't want them Nathan - but in the interests of full disclosure, my daughter is genuinely trying to save up for the Princess Peach relaxation set...

I'm not a drawstring bag kinda guy. I've got 4 lots of star point thingies from retail purchases if you want them for your little sack.

You're a gentleman, Nate, and I will gladly accept your help in funding my sack.

Ta for the heads-up Paulando, would never have thought to look in the Stars Catalogue.

Cool. Plus I can't play 8 on the train (well, technically I could!).

Ooh, wasn't there a new Luigi's Mansion game?

Oh, and surely there must be some amazing Castlevanias out for it? I loved the GBA/DS ones.

Mirror of Fate is excellent, but not quite like the GBA/DS games.

• Upvote 1

Do you have any to redeem from digital purchases? You can claim them in your purchase history. And I have a spare 250 points from Luigi's Mansion 2 if that helps :)

Seriously, this thing is gorgeous:

8b6ZIFr.jpg

I've just spent the best part of forty minutes finding ten unused codes, scratching them off and entering them in, going through that poxy survey each time, but they all worked and I've got one of these pouches on the way! Thanks for the heads up :)

I've also got four more unused pin codes left. PM me if you're interested, because I doubt I'll be using them. It's slim pickings in the stars catalogue!

EDIT:

Codes all gone now.

• Upvote 1