rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
spatular

Nintendo 3DS

You can't get streetpasses when it's off!

Every time I see someone on a 3DS in a waiting room or on a bus or something, if the little orange light ain't on, I just want to punch them over and over.

I switch it off because the battery life is bad enough as is and that Streetpass stuff does nothing for me. Yay, collect puzzle pieces! Ehm ok.

Do you not feel kind of empty when you're filling up your Streetpass Plaza with a Raspberry Pi?

What is this all about...? Someone's coded an auto streetpasser?

I must admit it's a guilty pleasure of mine taking the 3DS on walks and so on. There's just something about knowing there are other owners around and seeing their Mii, what games they like etc. And I enjoy the streetpass games for the small amount of time they take and their simplicity. I just find it all quite satisfying and oddly rewarding. I love all the activity graphs too!

It's just something Nintendo get implicitly - it's a portable console so give people ways of interacting and making use of that portability. And importantly make it simple and easy to understand.

On paper it all looks really easy. But look at Near...

• Upvote 1

It's all guff as far as I'm concerned. I just want to switch on and play. I don't use Near or any of the Miiverse stuff either.

If your saying the streetpass feature is guff, you're talking bollocks. It's a wonderful idea and gives a real incentive to take your 3ds around with you. When it's implemented properly, such as in the plaza games, AC, Bravely Default etc it works brilliantly, adding to core gameplay. The only annoyance is that more games don't use it more or properly, I'm looking at you MK7..

Do you not feel kind of empty when you're filling up your Streetpass Plaza with a Raspberry Pi?

It's either that or get no hits at all. I also like playing Streetpass Squad and I can't really do that without hits.

What is this all about...? Someone's coded an auto streetpasser?

Yup

http://www.spillmonkey.com/?page_id=5

If your saying the streetpass feature is guff, you're talking bollocks. It's a wonderful idea and gives a real incentive to take your 3ds around with you. When it's implemented properly, such as in the plaza games, AC, Bravely Default etc it works brilliantly, adding to core gameplay. The only annoyance is that more games don't use it more or properly, I'm looking at you MK7..

I used to love it when you were collecting hits from actual people you passed in the street. Now you get 8 hits just from walking past a McDonalds and it's lost all its charm. It's become a chore to clear the list down every so often.

CD Keys have New Super Mario Bros. 2 digital download for £14.99 (using the discount code) today http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/3ds-games/new-super-mario-bros-2-3ds today only I think :)

Thanks by the way, this was out of stock last night but I managed to get one this morning. This was my first 3DS game and I've long regretted selling it.

Haven'd had a chance to play it yet, does the Special Edition part mean it includes some (all?) of the DLC they put out?

I just tried to transfer all my stuff following deKays guide and none of my downloaded games were transferred. Any obvious steps I could have done wrong? :(

Start at the beginning. Exactly what did you do?

I used to love it when you were collecting hits from actual people you passed in the street. Now you get 8 hits just from walking past a McDonalds and it's lost all its charm. It's become a chore to clear the list down every so often.

Yup agreed, it's blood annoying. I can see why Nintendo do it (many people wouldn't get any otherwise) but the knock on is the loss of charm.

Yes it ruined the charm. At least they seem to have fixed the problem that meant I was only getting passes from England despite being in Glasgow. That REALLY shattered the illusion.

Before that I used to see a few semi-regulars showing up on street passes, including someone from here (I forget who now).

It's here! Thank gord for that.

I'm currently in the process of transferring. I looked at Dekay's guide but I'm not bothered about transferring over save data, etc., just my NNID (I don't need to faff about with SD Cards, and the like, which is where it seems to get complicated), so I've just followed the instructions that were given to me on the 3DSes. Fingers crossed it all works out.

By transferring over my NNID, I'll be able to redownload the couple of things I've bought from the eshop, right?

Very initial impressions of the black/grey N3DSXL are that it's lovely. It seems a lot slimmer than the regular XL but has a nice, expensive heaviness to it. Also, despite the glossy finish, fingerprint marks fade very quickly. I definitely need to get a case for it, however.

With Persona Q and Majora's Mask on the go, and Xenoblade out soon, I can't see me touching anything else for a good while (I can't remember the last time I switched on my PS4). Wonderful little machine :wub:

• Upvote 1

My New 3DS XL should be here any minute. I've only got Majora's Mask for it so far (pre-installed), but will be getting Ocarina and LbW as well.

It's my first 3DS. Apart from Mario (which isn't my bag), what else is essential?

Fire Emblem

• Upvote 5

Are there any nice cases for the new non-XL? Do I just buy an XL case?

Cases.

Nice? The Waterfield one but it's £37 plus potential customs. I'm sticking with my £7.99 Amazon Basics XL one and just strapping it in, even in Japan there only seems to be one Hori case for the regular console.

My New 3DS XL should be here any minute. I've only got Majora's Mask for it so far (pre-installed), but will be getting Ocarina and LbW as well.

It's my first 3DS. Apart from Mario (which isn't my bag), what else is essential?

You like Advance Wars yeah? Give Ghost Recon Shadow Wars a whirl - you can get it cheap as chips now and it's awesome!

B004L4G8UC.01.lg.jpg

• Upvote 3

You like Advance Wars yeah? Give Ghost Recon Shadow Wars a whirl - you can get it cheap as chips now and it's awesome!

B004L4G8UC.01.lg.jpg

If I could pos this twice I would. Brilliant game.

Edit - also, if you like these types of games, Panzer Tactics for the DS is worth a look.

• Upvote 1

I said 'as far as I'm concerned', you know, like an opinion? If you find it great that's wonderful. I just found it utterly pointless and no fun at all. When getting hits you play dull as dishwater non-games or you get a piece of puzzle or whatnot, and I find that about as exciting as cleaning the toilet.