Nintendo 3DS

spatular

So I'm getting the MM3DSXL... Which presumably comes with Majora's Mask on the MicroSD card...

Surely when I do a system swap it will delete the game? And as I haven't logged into anything it will not know I ever bought Majora's Mask...

This concerns me slightly.

One of the girls at work had a review copy she no longer wanted. Pretty happy with that! Now the real question is how do I complete it before MH4U arrives later this week?

Simple. You don't. You concentrate on MH4U and send me Ruby so I can play with my lad who has Sapphire! See how simple this is? :)

So I'm getting the MM3DSXL... Which presumably comes with Majora's Mask on the MicroSD card...

Surely when I do a system swap it will delete the game? And as I haven't logged into anything it will not know I ever bought Majora's Mask...

This concerns me slightly.

It will delete it but you can download it again for free.

A friend of mine re-bought a 3DS recently for MH4 and tried to log in with the same Nintendo ID he had on his previous 3DS and now has on his Wii U. It wouldn't let him log in as it was linked to another console, so he called them up and they said he wouldn't be able to login for another 21 days, so just to him to make a new account.

:blink:

So to clear this up - is there a way to transfer everything from my XL to the new XL without the need to do all this SD card swapping crap?

All I want to see is a clear and easy transfer process like an iPhone transfer...

Are you using the SD Card that came with your original XL?

I have a 3DS XL with info on the system memory and SD card. I want to clone the entire console onto a new 3DS XL as it comes out of the box on Friday. Surely this is possible??

The main issue you've got then is the fact that the new3DS uses Micro SD cards. That's why it'll be easier to copy from your existing SD to a Micro SD on a computer, unless you're currently using a Micro SD in an adapter.

The DSi downloads are indeed stored on the system memory and will come over as part of the system transfer.

I've done 3 system transfers now, including a convoluted effort to get the Ambassador games when I wasn't originally an Ambassador, and my last transfer was to a new3DSXL so shout if you need anything further mate.

I have a 3DS XL with info on the system memory and SD card. I want to clone the entire console onto a new 3DS XL as it comes out of the box on Friday. Surely this is possible??

The easiest way to do it is to buy yourself a Micro SD card that comes with an SD Card adapter like this one. You then follow deKay's guide to move all of your current data to the new Micro SD in SD Card adapter card here

Then when you do the system transfer pick the last option it gives you which I think iscalled transfer licenses only. Once the license transfer is done all you then need to do it take the SD Card out of your current 3DS, replace the Micro SD in your n3DS with the only in the SD Card adapter from your old 3DS when the process tells you and it's all done.

The main issue you've got then is the fact that the new3DS uses Micro SD cards. That's why it'll be easier to copy from your existing SD to a Micro SD on a computer, unless you're currently using a Micro SD in an adapter.

So the 3DS transfer tool isn't capable of simply reading data from the SD card on the source machine and wirelessly transferring the data to the microSD on the target machine? Really?

How the fuck did we ever manage to get a man on the moon!?

No it will do but it's honestly easier and quicker to follow the deKay bible on this one, I promise.

How much have you got on your SD card? What size Micro SD are you going to be using? Will it all fit?

Always used the SD card that the 3DS XL was supplied with. Always buy physical copies of Nintendo software so I only have about 15 eShop games on it. The microSD card I'll use in the new 3DS XL will be the one it comes with.

So the 3DS transfer tool isn't capable of simply reading data from the SD card on the source machine and wirelessly transferring the data to the microSD on the target machine? Really?

Yes you can do that. Depending on how much data you have this will take between 30 minutes and 4 days.

Or you do the card swap first then do the licence transfer as I described, and it'll take 15 minutes regardless of how much data you have.

With your currrent 3DS, transfer from your current card to a MicroSD card in an SD adapter using my "upgrade your SD card" guide, Section 1.

When you get your New 3DS, do a system transfer and choose the "transfer data via PC" option (as per my guide, Section 3).

The transfer via PC option doesn't really require a PC at all, does it? Assuming I'll have done section one previously, I could use my mobile hotspot for the licence transfer, right?

I use a 32GB SD card in my 3DSXL & I have a new 32GB Micro SD Card that I was using in a camera with an SD Adaptor before I started having problems with it & switched back to a 'proper' SD card which worked fine.

I am planning to use that Micro SD Card in the New 3DS, but as i'm not sure what caused the problems in the camera i'm a little wary & will make sure I keep copies of all the data.

The transfer via PC option doesn't really require a PC at all, does it? Assuming I'll have done section one previously, I could use my mobile hotspot for the licence transfer, right?

Well, it requires a PC to initially transfer the data to the new card, but no, not at the time of licence transfer.

I'd assume you could use a mobile hotspot, yes.

Reading the deKay guide last night and getting a bit confused why it's so keen on me having two chargers. If I transfer the SD content to my new Micro SD via a computer then just do the licence transfer to pass the "rights" on to the new machine does it really take that long?

No, it takes about 15 minutes. If your battery is low it won't let you do it. If it isn't low, I'd *recommend* using a charger on both as if one battery dies potentially everything will be fucked.

In reality, you'll probably be fine.

My guide says use a charger for both because I don't want to get sued when someone loses their Animal Crossing save.

Don't want to be left out of all the n3DS delivery hype, so I'm delighted to announce my £10.99 Game order for the Wood (or are they?) n3DS cover plates has begun processing.

I'll be sure to keep you updated through the week on the status of my wood.

Itching for my Amazon MM ltd ed order to start moving - it's just sitting there, but it's promised for launch day with Prime.... When do they normally start processing at Amazon normally?

Itching for my Amazon MM ltd ed order to start moving - it's just sitting there, but it's promised for launch day with Prime.... When do they normally start processing at Amazon normally?

Anyone know if one of these will work with the new 3ds? I already have a powered USB hub so I'd prefer to use that instead of taking up an extra power socket with a full charger.

I'm guessing it'll be fine but I don't want to end up with a new toy on Friday and no way to play it!