Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Yes! It's been shit for a month or two for me though.

Who are you? I am the Japanese guy with the Donkey Kong mask. I like how with StreetPass you get a wee run of regulars and you start to hate some of them for the pettiest of reasons, like them being a crap colour for StreetPass Quest or choosing a lame hat.

Jockula, with a Tanooki suit on. Glad it's not just me, I wonder what's changed - it's on the back of Cloud wifi hotspots right?

Buchanan Galleries have me 10 last week, but not sure on what floor and I don't tend to cut through there often.

Both of those are perfectly justifiable reasons for hatred. Anyone in the Ultimate Demon hat is clearly a twat. Whereas, I would happily marry a couple of my regulars sight unseen, because I pretty much always get to poison and put enemies in Quest to sleep because of them.

Yep I dislike that hat at well, based on nothing much really.

Now at 914 puzzle pieces and start getting annoyed when people don't have anything to offer, I'll never finish this game.

I always liked the line from some fanfic crossover thing I read years ago, when Picard says to Worf "set phaser to stun" and Worf says his phaser has turned into a dust buster so Picard says "well set it to 'shag rug' and lets go!".

Got myself this screwdriver today in preparation for next Friday, as apparently in order to change the memory card you need to open the New 3DS right up. Hopefully I've ordered the right screwdriver (can anyone with an ambassador 3DS confirm?). I didn't have one like this in the set I have at home already. Seems a questionable design choice to lock the memory card behind a panel that many people won't have the obscure, minuscule screwdriver to dismantle. Just a heads up, anyway, in case anyone else intends to upgrade the memory card on day one.

Well, when I or anything else in the house needs screwing, I get a man to come over and do it. So I'm just putting this out there for anyone else whose main experience with screwdrivers is drinking them.

post-6566-0-36954700-1423312090_thumb.jp

This is the set of Phillips screwdrivers I already had, next to the tiny red one I just bought. If the tiny red one is so common, why didn't it come with my standard set of ten goddamn screwdrivers? Because I should already have twenty of them lying around the house, maybe.

I'm sitting here with it wedged behind my ear like some kind of TV handyman. Quite like it, actually. Anyone need a light socket changed?

This is the set of Phillips screwdrivers I already had, next to the tiny red one I just bought. If the tiny red one is so common, why didn't it come with my standard set of ten goddamn screwdrivers?

A standard kit of screwdrivers would be at least one large, ratcheted screwdriver with exchangeable heads (which would replace all of your ten-screwdriver set mentioned above), and a set of mini screwdrivers (which would replace the small new one). With that, you're pretty much set for anything except proprietary screws.

(Of course, it's worth getting a few magnetic, long-stemmed large screwdrivers for certain fiddly jobs - they're a lifesaver when taking apart a Dreamcast, for example)

I like how with StreetPass you get a wee run of regulars and you start to hate some of them for the pettiest of reasons, like them being a crap colour for StreetPass Quest or choosing a lame hat.

Same here. :lol:

Oddly, during the weeks before and after Christmas last year, the regulars disappeared, and the relay points in my town started transmitting random Foreigns. So I filled on most of the maps of America and Canada, and bits of Japan, in that short period. Strange. By the new year, the relay points were back to normal though.

Is there a decent step-by-step and comprehensive guide on transferring data from 3DS to new 3DS?

I don't recall my previous transfer when I upgraded to an XL but I do recall losing some photos in the process...

You didn't need to lose anything. Are you buying a bigger Micro SD Card, or just using the one that comes with the New 3DS?

Is there a decent step-by-step and comprehensive guide on transferring data from 3DS to new 3DS?

I don't recall my previous transfer when I upgraded to an XL but I do recall losing some photos in the process...

I plan on using this one when I get mine

http://www.everybodyplays.co.uk/feature/3DS/How-to-System-transfer-to-the-New-Nintendo-3DS/1908

There's this guide: http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2015/01/15/upgrading-your-3ds-sd-card/

Be wary of any guide that involves copying data from one SD card to another *without* the new card initialisation and then randomly-numbered-folders merging. If you're copying and don't do this, you may lose stuff - photos, streetpasses, saves, progress in StreetPass games, Miis, all sorts.

I'm trading in, and I know GAME will give me a week to honour the trade in so it's no problem, just want to make sure I do it right.

Really? I asked in my local Game about their trade-in offers, and they wouldn't do any system transfers, saying "just log into your Nintendo account [sic] on your New 3DS" to keep all your existing software. On hearing that, I naturally gave up on any ambition to take up their trade in offer.

Been looking for a guide; I'm still a bit confused over one bit though. The simplest way to transfer from old 3DS XL to new 3DS appears to be to have them both at the same time and do it wirelessly, as per deKay's guide. Nintendo's site seemed to imply that copying all the SD card data to a new micro SD card and just popping that in the new 3DS would do the job; but on the other hand, I remember that NOT being the way to do it when I upgraded from 3DS to 3DS XL.

I particularly want to keep all the old Ambassador games, and I seem to remember them and some DSiWare games being in internal storage and not on the card. Do I have to have both systems at once to do that? I'm trading in, and I know GAME will give me a week to honour the trade in so it's no problem, just want to make sure I do it right.

With your currrent 3DS, transfer from your current card to a MicroSD card in an SD adapter using my "upgrade your SD card" guide, Section 1.

When you get your New 3DS, do a system transfer and choose the "transfer data via PC" option (as per my guide, Section 3).