Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Aha! How long to beat agrees - 8.

I'm not sure if it's because I've done 3DS system transfers from OG 3DS > 3DS XL > n3DS but I don't know how every US games journalist I follow on twitter has managed to screw up the system transfer. From Dan Rykert setting up an alarm every three hours so he could switch the charger between machines because he was transferring everything over WiFi to Jeremy Parish losing save files along the way. I'd expect these journalists to be vaguely computer literate and not the find the admittedly awkward transfer process so difficult.

Did anyone here have trouble with the system transfer to n3DS?

No. I transferred 40GB in 15 minutes.

I really want a new 3DS but i haven't actually played my 3ds since xmas day 2013 when i got the new Zelda. After using the wii control pad so much i couldn't bear to use the small screen on the 3ds and was waiting for a cheap 3ds xl to show up. New 3ds gets announced and i'm interested but it's a lot of money for something i don't really use that much. I have majoras mask on the way next month so i guess i should decide at some point.

Also going on a long coach trip in feb which is a few days after the new xl is released but still, it's a lot for something that potentially has only a couple of games i want to play left on it (unless other bits are announced soon anyway).

The only problem I had when I did a system transfer between 2 3DS's was that for some reason the extra puzzle panels I'd gotten through updates & streetpass disappeared. I'd written them off, but I happened upon a guide for how to restore them that worked perfectly, so should I have the same problem when moving to the New 3DS I hope the same method will work again.

The only problem I had when I did a system transfer between 2 3DS's was that for some reason the extra puzzle panels I'd gotten through updates & streetpass disappeared. I'd written them off, but I happened upon a guide for how to restore them that worked perfectly, so should I have the same problem when moving to the New 3DS I hope the same method will work again.

See, if you'd followed my guide originally this wouldn't have happened... ;)

I bought my new 3DS from Raukten, or whatever play are called now, cos Savygamer had a discount code and it came to £131. But apparently I also ordered it during a special points deal, which means they've given me £25 to spend.

So I just swapped over my Monster Hunter preorder from Amazon as I was getting it regardless of the upgrade.

All in that means my new 3DS was only £106!

Just thought I would give a heads up in a similar boat as the points expire on the 8th if unused.

Right I've bit the bullet, New 3DS ordered from the Nintendo Store; anyone know what they're like with pre-orders? Hoping it'll arrive on the 13th but with free delivery I guess it could be a day or two later :)

You'll be lucky if it's despatched by the following Monday based on my limited experience with them. Why not spend £30 less and get it from Amazon France?

As a 3ds XL fan I'm so torn over the new 3ds. I want the bigger screens but face plates and sharper screens are also something I want. Anyone got any thoughts on going for the non xl having gotten used to an xl?

I have as have many, I prefer the new 3ds - much better screens IMO due to lack of pixel stretch (or something more technical) and it is just a much nicer unit - the XL is just that bit too big to pocket.

We still have an XL in the house and i have compared them with the same game and everything looks better on the new one - obv i haven't compared it to a new XL.

You'll be lucky if it's despatched by the following Monday based on my limited experience with them. Why not spend £30 less and get it from Amazon France?

Oh man are they that bad? I've also got Majora's Mask special edition on order with them :( I went with Nintendo for the free face plate, charger and Mario 3DS holder, that admittedly I probably won't use :lol: Ah well I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my annoyance level whilst waiting for Nintendo to dispatch.

Oh man are they that bad? I've also got Majora's Mask special edition on order with them :( I went with Nintendo for the free face plate, charger and Mario 3DS holder, that admittedly I probably won't use :lol: Ah well I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my annoyance level whilst waiting for Nintendo to dispatch.

I did the same, unfortunately they billed you full price for the mario holder and shipped it immediately. Which has scuppered any plans to return to buy from elsewhere.

I did the same, unfortunately they billed you full price for the mario holder and shipped it immediately. Which has scuppered any plans to return to buy from elsewhere.

WTF! They have as well, £17.48 is showing in pending transactions, does that mean come release I'll be charged £159.99 or will the £17.48 be deducted from the total? What an odd way of doing things or savvy in that you can't cancel unless you return the mario holder at your own cost...hmm :/

*edit*

Just checked on the store they'll charge £131.15 for the N3DS + £11.36 for cover plate :) Still shifty of them to send out the 3DS holder so you can't cancel without hassle.

Still on the fence with this, I've pre ordered a Zelda XL, but the smaller one with the face plates appeals so much more for a fresh look all the time but I found the current 3DS far too small to play and enjoy.

Seems a few of us are having the same issue!

My girlfriend told me earlier that she's taking next Friday off for the New 3DS and Majora's Mask launch. :omg:

In the spirit of things, I've gone and pre ordered a New XL at last. :) Can justify it as once I've sold on my old XL, it's not too extravagant an expense, and it's not as expensive a tech upgrade as a laptop or new iPad or something.

Still on the fence with this, I've pre ordered a Zelda XL, but the smaller one with the face plates appeals so much more for a fresh look all the time but I found the current 3DS far too small to play and enjoy.

Seems a few of us are having the same issue!

I am an adult. While the faceplates looks nice, they don't stop me being an adult who should know better than to spend money on collecting faceplates that make it more obvious to onlookers that I'm playing a Nintendo handheld as an adult. The buttons are coloured like a SNES pad, yet they don't magically shrink my hands. There is but one choice.

We're old, we're boring. Accept it, accept the XL life.