IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Maybe not no chance - they've redone that old Ace Combat game with some New 3DS features. Ridge Racer 3D with a better framerate would be amazing.

I'd love to see them add a few bits and chuck it on the eshop. Easy money! Still can't see it tho. Namco seem to have a complete mind fart regarding Ridge now. :(

When I eventually upgrade to a n3ds, it'll be the first game I test out on it. Racing games benefit so much from 3d, it looks sensational.

It's such a shame they never included online leaderboards. If they did I'd still be playing it now! Oh and proper ghost cars for streetpass. I still never completely figured out wtf they were doing there. :wacko:

I love the stats on the 3DS - really interesting. My highest average playtime is something like 4.5hrs per go on Persona Q!

I love and hate them. I get a bit OCD about them so I find myself not loading up games for a quick five minute play because it'll affect the average play time and stuff like that and it's completely irrelevant really but my brain is shit.

I played mine for 98 hours last year and a 23 hours of that was Picross e5 which I bought in December. I've played 55 hours of Picross since then. Fucking Picross.

How the fuck have you been playing e5 for 23 hours?! I've just finished it in just under 14 hours! Are you doing all the puzzles twice?!

When I eventually upgrade to a n3ds, it'll be the first game I test out on it. Racing games benefit so much from 3d, it looks sensational.

It's such a shame they never included online leaderboards. If they did I'd still be playing it now! Oh and proper ghost cars for streetpass. I still never completely figured out wtf they were doing there. :wacko:

I never figured the Ridge Racer streetpass either. Does anything actually happen at all? I always thought there should have been a ghost to race but there isn't.

A likely story! ;)

I never figured the Ridge Racer streetpass either. Does anything actually happen at all? I always thought there should have been a ghost to race but there isn't.

I think it took your fastest lap in time attack and compared it to others? You'd then be able to race their ghost if it was better than yours. It was/is very very confusing though, especially for something which should be childs play to implement.

I still rate streetpass as a hugely effective (under used) feature of the 3ds. It's just a shame that so many Japanese devs seem incapable of implementing simple mechanics for it! They all seem to want to over-complicate it.

Having played it for just a few minutes before Christmas, and in my attempt to actually finish some of my started games, I went back to Weapon Shop de Omasse today and have spent several hours on it. It's sooooo good. Loving the Grindcast.

Just preordered a new 3DS. I have an xl, so I'm not sure how sensible going down in screen size is, but it's £131 which seems a deal.

I've shitty eyes so I prefer the larger screen, but the pixels are so apparent, and not in a cool pixel art way.

I hope the coloured buttons haven't lead to a terrible decision...

I can't decide whether to go for XL or standard, go for the £131 deal or go for the Nintendo store offer of cover plate + Mario 3DS holder + charger for £160...ARGH! I had it all down, I mean when you get a new TV you don't downsize you go same size or bigger right? But the cover plates and the snes coloured buttons look so nice :/

For those who have a New 3DS are they as comfortable to use as the XL? The main reason I changed to XL was because I found the 3DS was uncomfortable to use for long sessions, but the New 3DS is slightly bigger isn't it?

I still don't know if its the right choice. I don't really need a new 3DS at all really (but I want Xenogears, and I want to play Majora's without the damn CPP attachment). But the positive feedback here is heartening.

In any case, I could buy and new XL and sell it and not be too much further out of pocket.

Apologies if this has been answered before. Managed to get a 3ds cheap but the downside is that it is a USA model which is region locked.

Couple of questions

1 best place to import USA games from

2 best place to buy credit to spend in the USA 3ds store

Thanks in advance

I'm really enjoying Gunman Clive 2 - it's got tonnes ideas punted out at such a rapid pace it makes you wonder what's next (Victorian gentleman, ninjas, dinosaurs, pandas..). Well worth £2.50 for a couple of play throughs. Speaking of which, what character did you go for? I went for the girl and she has a Princess Peach-style float ability. I'd like to know what the other characters do if anyone has played it?

Edit: ... And done! Now for second play / speed run! :)

Apologies if this has been answered before. Managed to get a 3ds cheap but the downside is that it is a USA model which is region locked.

Couple of questions

1 best place to import USA games from

2 best place to buy credit to spend in the USA 3ds store

Thanks in advance

Check out something called "RegionThree" it should allow you to play at least some of the UK games on youyr import 3DS, it's not a perfect solution, but it'll certainly help you out :)

I'm not sure if it's because I've done 3DS system transfers from OG 3DS > 3DS XL > n3DS but I don't know how every US games journalist I follow on twitter has managed to screw up the system transfer. From Dan Rykert setting up an alarm every three hours so he could switch the charger between machines because he was transferring everything over WiFi to Jeremy Parish losing save files along the way. I'd expect these journalists to be vaguely computer literate and not the find the admittedly awkward transfer process so difficult.

Did anyone here have trouble with the system transfer to n3DS?