Nintendo 3DS

spatular

What is the problem with the Castlevania game by the way? I got it preordered because I'm gagging for a good action-adventure Metroidvania game, and the brief gameplay videos I saw looked OK to me. Is there something I should know about it? To me it looked like the same old trusted formula but with more polygons rather than sprites. Has it got any problems?

What is the problem with the Castlevania game by the way? I got it preordered because I'm gagging for a good action-adventure Metroidvania game, and the brief gameplay videos I saw looked OK to me. Is there something I should know about it? To me it looked like the same old trusted formula but with more polygons rather than sprites. Has it got any problems?

Nope, it's just not HD. Looks like if you liked the Lord of Shadow game and/or like Metroidvania games it should be alright.

Fuck knows, asked the same question a while back. Some people a few pages back took a disliking to it. I thought it looked great. A heck of a lot of time seems to have gone into it. Given it's going up against mh and luigi I'm tempted to support it. Otherwise 3rd parties really will desert if big franchises like this can't make money on a nintendo platform.

The 3DS has so much on it, damn. Just when I thought they were stagnating a bit with the constant generic NSMB games over and over again, they finally start announcing some unique Mario games again. Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team look AWESOME, absolutely getting those. In addition to Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, the 3DS is in for an awesome summer.

What if I loathed Lords of Shadow and love the DS ones?

This looks like DS type gameplay with LoS graphics. I hated LoS and am hyped for this.

The 3DS has so much on it, damn. Just when I thought they were stagnating a bit with the constant generic NSMB games over and over again, they finally start announcing some unique Mario games again. Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team look AWESOME, absolutely getting those. In addition to Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, the 3DS is in for an awesome summer.

Project X Zone, Mario and Donkey Kong and Code of Princess look great too.

Wasn't Code of Princess a proper retail game before? I wonder how much it'll be on the shop

It's $40 Stateside, isn't it? I mean eShop, retail is slightly cheaper. I imagine it'll just be a straight dollar to pound conversion.

Hmm. I'll wait and see. I was all excited about it when I first heard of it then someone told me it was like Lords of Shadow and linked an early video of it where a man was fighting a big thing in the rain and it looked pretty rubbish.

There's a demo coming on the 28th so we'll see then I guess.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was pretty great; at least as good as the SNES games. I'm not usually bothered about a bit of "waggle" in games, but having to shake the Wii Remote to roll, which is needed all the time for longer leaps and faster movement, meant you lost some precision. Having that back as a button on 3DS is a good thing. Beautiful game though, and pretty faithful to the originals with a few nods to Jungle Beat thrown in. Nice time-trial incentive to return to completed stages as well, some of which had surprisingly strict goal times.