IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Thanks for the advise guys.

I love Mario games, been playing them for 20+ years, but I'm not in a mario mood these last couple of years. Anyway, I hear that the new one is excellent.

What I desperately need to play is Fire Emblem and the new Phoenix Wright. I'll probably try a bit of Pokemon as well. :P

God, how shit is Donkey Kong Country Returns? Seriously? I quite liked it on the Wii but I'm not getting on with the 3DS version at all. It just feels so fucking sluggish and slow. It's painful!

I think it's amazing! I never played the Wii version but the 3DS verson is quite brilliant. I think it's even better than NSMBU and Rayman Legends (both of which I enjoyed a lot). The level design is outstanding.

God, how shit is Donkey Kong Country Returns? Seriously? I quite liked it on the Wii but I'm not getting on with the 3DS version at all. It just feels so fucking sluggish and slow. It's painful!

I feel the same. It's like the game has lag or something - press a button and nothing happens for 5 seconds.

The thing that got me the most with DKCR was the ground slap move was the same button as roll, you stand on a narrow platform with something to slap on it and if you're in any sort of rush or you're trying to correct your position a bit before slapping, you go rolling off the ledge.

That and the boss battles..

Didn't have any issues with rolling, but one of the boss battles (the robot chicken thing) was near impossible. Fluked past that.

The game's big crimes were the minecart/barrel levels. Awful.

Jeez I had a nightmare on DK on the Wii, that game was so freaking difficult at times that I was raging at points. Can't imagine how difficult it be on the 3ds

It's got an 'easy' mode on 3DS. I only stuggled on the later levels.

I really liked it when it was a platformer. Very heavy and solid feeling, good momentum throwing yourself about, grabbing vines, rolling down hills, etc.

But, yeah, minecart/rocket levels can sod off.

I loved that game on the 3DS, playing the sequel was a big part of the reason I bought a Wii U. The minecart bits were brilliant, I thought the bosses were fun and I was delighted to discover there were no underwater levels which is the worst thing a platformer can have. I did play it on the babymode the 3DS version has though and was grateful for it.

Sega has announced that the Sega 3D Classics series will be coming to 3DS in the west, with the first two titles arriving by the end of November.

Previously released in Japan, the Sega 3D Classics series offer 3D versions of popular Mega Drive and arcade games developed by Sega, much like the Nintendo 3D Classics range.

Each title will be released on the 3DS eShop in North America and Europe, with two games released per week starting from the end of November.

Every individual game will be priced at $5.99 / €4.99 / £4.49.

The release schedule is as follows:

3D Space Harrier - November 28

3D Super Hang-On - November 28

3D Sonic The Hedgehog - December 5

3D Altered Beast - December 5

3D Ecco the Dolphin - December 12

3D Galaxy Force II - December 12

3D Shinobi III - December 19

3D Streets of Rage - December 19

"These games were completely re-built to offer a robust 3D experience that offers more modern gameplay while still keeping true to the original", said Sega America president and COO John Cheng on the official Sega Blog. "We look forward to bringing these classic SEGA titles to Nintendo 3DS for fans both old and new."