IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

I know it's essentially the same as R4 cards etc but I really like having lots of stuff installed to the 3DS, it's brilliant.

Having AC and FE available for whenever I want a quick pop is genius.

Admittedly I probably didn't need to buy Virtue's Last Reward as it isn't exactly replayable but it's so good I was happy to give them my monies.

I'm not too keen that the games are overpriced and bound to a system rather than an account. The only full price games I have on my 3DS are the Nintendo freebies from the promotion (professor layton and animal crossing), the rest is cheap(ish) eShop games only. I would happily put NSMB2 or Super Mario 3D Land on there, but not if I have to pay a premium over a boxed copy.

And here's my updated guide to transferring from one card to another - now including SDXC cards. Woo!

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2013/10/25/updated-how-to-upgrade-your-3ds-sd-card-to-64gb-and-beyond/

That cluster stuff - reminded me of this: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205535

Ive not tried it but maybe 64kb clusters are better???

One year and 20 days ago Cave Story was released on the US eShop for the 3DS. I've been gagging for it ever since and it's still not here. I've been pestering Nicalis on Twitter for months about it but I think they blocked me.

Can you fix this, deKay?

It is a shame isn't it, I don't get it either. I'd love them to release it. The only thing I can think is that there's some sort of legal reason to do with the release of the (aesthetically terrible) 3d remake in europe. I know Nintendo can be idiots but I'm pretty sure this isn't their fault either. Imo it's probably down to Nicalis or some other subsiduary.

It is a shame isn't it, I don't get it either. I'd love them to release it. The only thing I can think is that there's some sort of legal reason to do with the release of the (aesthetically terrible) 3d remake in europe. I know Nintendo can be idiots but I'm pretty sure this isn't their fault either. Imo it's probably down to Nicalis or some other subsiduary.

It was approved for Europe and the remake was also published by Nicalis, wasn't it?

It was approved for Europe and the remake was also published by Nicalis, wasn't it?

Looking at the wiki page, perhaps Nicalis are having a 'George Lucas' moment. Apparently they think the 3d release is the definitive version.. therefore they're withholding the original? Yet it's released in the states. Maybe they hate Europe..?

Looking at their tweet on the subject they mention they 'need a good release date'... I don't know what they think that is but basically any Thursday seems like a decent date to me on the eshop. It's not like the title won't be able to generate a few release headlines and pickups from websites. Apart from that I don't know what they think they're hoping to achieve? I know Dekay will disagree but I'm not seeing a huge amount of quality indie type releases for the eshop. I'd like Sega to release their 3D revamps too but what's happened to them now? :huh:

No? So what was the buy 3 get one free "So Many games" promo? Or the buy a copy, give a copy for Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing? Or the Wii U 30p games? Or the discount on W101 if you bought Pikmin 3? Or the discount on the Street Fighter II VC games?