IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Every time I have been on a plane, they instructed to switch off any networking or GSM functionality on mobile devices. The last time was last January. And as I usually fly with Ryanair or some other shitty budget airline I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to sell me WiFi access for a quid per minute if it was available.

I always thought it was just during take-off and landing that you had to turn your gadgets off. Which makes the people demanding to be allowed to use them all the time look even more pathetic, it's like two minutes.

All devices off during take-off and landing. Wireless off throughout.

Blimey guys.. :blink: Airlines have been trialing internet access for the best part of 2-3 years?

I can only assume that because Ryanair is cheap (crap) that they won't bother investing in the proper equipment...

I flew to and around Australia and back with BA, Virgin and Qantas only a year ago, and I don't recall any mention of wi-fi being available on any of them. It must be very new, or I wasn't paying attention.

Last time I read most airlines were trailing internet access. I honestly thought this was common knowledge by now? I travel a lot in Scandinavia and Norwegian have had free net access for a least 2 years I think.

Anyway, sorry this is a 3ds thread! Cool about your new play thing noob! You'll love it. :)

All devices off during take-off and landing. Wireless off throughout.I flew to and around Australia and back with BA, Virgin and Qantas only a year ago, and I don't recall any mention of wi-fi being available on any of them. It must be very new, or I wasn't paying attention.

It's available on all of these at least:

http://www.gogoair.com/gogo/cms/delta.do

I haven't been on a plane in years.

If wifi is fine on planes then how come a lot of devices have an airplane mode that turns wifi off?

If they thought for even one second it would interfere with the plane then do you think they would let you take the devices on the plane in the first place?

Or to put it another way, my 3DS was in my bag with the wifi on for 3 flights just in the last week.

I didn't really fancy sending a mildly stalker-ish PM, so Teeohbee, if you see this. I streetpassed you the other day and thought I'd mention that your Fire Emblem streetpass team are all unequipped - easy fodder for me but you might want to fix it!

Stupidly, it doesn't save your team in perpetuity, so if you set 8 players as your team but then do a mission with 6 of them different, those previous 6 will lose all their weapons (if you do the optimise as I do, to save remembering who has what weapon all the time).

I've still not finished 3 of the bonus missions on this because I keep changing classes so they're not really at the level they 'should' be, bloody great game though, I'm so glad I bought the digital version as the streetpass inclusion means I can always just fire it up for a quick battle or two.

Where's my faaaaarkin Advance Wars though?!?!?

tesco have the machine solus for £150 on their website.

Just incase yor're a bit of a sucker for 'limited edition' stuff like me, the Year of Luigi 3DS XL is a good buy on Nintendo's UK website for £179.99

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-xl-console/nintendo-3ds-xl-luigi-special-edition/10848360.html

Plus, if you keep in in good condition, the limited ones normally hold value well too so might be worth the bit extra?

Or if you like Zelda, the Zelda 3DS XL is a good deal too at £199.99 and comes with the new Zelda.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-xl-console/nintendo-3ds-xl-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-limited-edition/10848361.html

But if you're not bothered and just want the cheapest deals, you might be better off buying a nice second hand one with a few games.

The 2DS screen size would be a retro step for me after a 3DS XL.

I could not play a 3DS until the bigger screen version came out, 3d or not.

Having never even seen a 2DS in the flesh I can't comment on the ergonomics of it but at the end of the day, it's you who will be playing it so go for what feels best for yo I suppose. :)

I bought my 3DS after the XL had come out. I tried one and just didn't get on with it at all. Screens are too big and the 3D doesn't work as well for me.

To each his own, etc :)

(Semi-relatedly, I've gone back to my DSi for playing pre-3DS games. They look better because the screens are at native resolution - I don't really get on with the scaler in the 3DS, everything looks sort of fuzzy.)

(Semi-relatedly, I've gone back to my DSi for playing pre-3DS games. They look better because the screens are at native resolution - I don't really get on with the scaler in the 3DS, everything looks sort of fuzzy.)

This I can relate too.

DS games are not as sharp on my 3DS XL and do look 'fuzzy' which is a pain as I have lots of great titles to play but just haven't due to this. Little things like that bug me but then I couldnt play them before on my DSi so really I need a DS XL!

Stupid things. ;)

It does mean I'm in the absurd position of carrying two DSes around with me everywhere.

My DSi for Professor Layton (I still haven't finished Spectre's Call/Last Specter - so Miracle Mask remains untouched despite having bought it on launch) and my 3DS for Streetpass.

At least they use the same charger so I only have to carry one of those.

I bought my 3DS after the XL had come out. I tried one and just didn't get on with it at all. Screens are too big and the 3D doesn't work as well for me.

To each his own, etc :)

Hold start and select when starting a ds game and it will play at native res.

Haha :D

Miracle Mask is really good but the only PL game I have played as I got it in the Nintendo promotional offer after Xmas last year for buying a XL.

I agree except

The villain was obvious from about an hour in and the story unwound in the last 25% and then became astonishingly insulting to basically all of humanity. I really can't call it anything other than basically an advert for indentured servitude and it's near put me off the whole series.