IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Phoenix an annual release? There hasn't been one in ages.

There have been 8 in 9 years.

2005 - Ace Attorney

2006 - Ace Attorney: Justice for All

2007 - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

2008 - Apollo Justice

2009 - Edgeworth Investigates

2011 - Edgeworth 2

2013 - Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

2013 - Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

quick question regarding the 2ds, namely should I buy one or just save up for a xl?. I'm not sure besides the non-3D on the 2DS if there's any other negatives i.e will it mean I can't play certain games in the future?

My biggest criticism of Super Mario 3D Land (and most Nintendo games) is the complete lack of online leaderboards. I'd love for there to be best times for each level like they already have for Streetpass.

There have been 8 in 9 years.

2005 - Ace Attorney

2006 - Ace Attorney: Justice for All

2007 - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

2008 - Apollo Justice

2009 - Edgeworth Investigates

2011 - Edgeworth 2

2013 - Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

2013 - Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

The last one to actually come out here was in 2009 though. And it was a bit shit.

I was looking at this the other day, both Phoenix and Professor Layton are annual releases and I just don't want to spend too much on any single franchise. So I picked Trials and Tribulations and the latest Layton.

You really should play the first 3 in order. They're very much a trilogy.

And no, the main series is very much not annual, this is the first in English for 5 or 6 years depending on if you count apollo. The reason the first 3 came out in quick succession is they were GBA games originally that got ported on translation (and the first one got an extra case).

That's the problem with taking a break from gaming, when you get back you have a backlog in addition to the current and new games coming out. Also time isn't what it used to be, the days of spending hours after school and college free lessons are long gone, so sadly I have to prioritise and cut out things. I suppose reading the plot for the first 2 will update me on things enough for Trials and Tribulations?

Play the first one then and get to the others when you can. For me you'd miss out on too much.

I suspect the new one will actually rely a lot less on the older ones.

I mean it's not that you won't enjoy 3 but there's so much in the joy of returning characters and running gags across all 3 that you'll really miss out.

I realised something today. The 3DS is the first console I'll have collected every game I've wanted for the system. The triple A titles and cult stuff release dates are spread out far enough for me to not think too hard about picking them up. Cool story bro.

No streetpasses in a week in Minsk, 4 in Gatwick airport.

At least it included a guy from Norway, so new country there.

I got none at all from my week in Nigeria and I carried it everywhere I went in Lagos and Abuja (including the airports and some quite nice hotels). Just got one in LHR after getting back.

I was on holiday recently long haul - I deliberately turned wifi off to conserve the battery on the plane.....i didnt know the planes now have USB chargers (on economy) :o That would have been handy to know!

I flew Virgin Atlantic to Lagos and they specifically announced that any onboard sockets must not be used for charging devices, or any other activity that generates heat.

Which begs the question of exactly what they are for.

My seat didn't have one anyway.

My biggest criticism of Super Mario 3D Land (and most Nintendo games) is the complete lack of online leaderboards. I'd love for there to be best times for each level like they already have for Streetpass.

And the streetpass scores don't even work that well. I went to Alton towers on the weekend and got about 30 odd streetpasses in that time, which was nice. Last night I checked out the scores on 3D land, the very first level was a chap who'd completed it in 32 seconds! Against my 50... cool! I thought, went in to do it, got distracted. Started again, then had to sort my girls out and quit out to menu....

Came back later and his score has completely disappeared. It just has My Best "50" Rivals Best (me) "50" very annoying. What really frustrates me about it, is that Nintendo managed to get it right with Mario Kart Wii! Why have they stepped back? And why can't I see my friend's scores? It's a deliberate decision not to include it, which is piss poor in my opinion; can't think of any good reason not to....

...but I bet i know why. Mario Kart Wii had problems with people finding ways to cheat the maps. There were high scores of 0.1 seconds and stuff on certain tracks because of glitches and the like that people had found. Which means that Nintendo had to patch it, which means they had to have staff monitoring and fixing a released game, which costs money. Nintendo being skinflints again. BAH!