IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Any ideas on the best way forward?

I had exactly the same problem with that error message. Although never had trouble downloading. I was using a super speed ultra new card which is now running fine as a temporary Wii U hard flash drive thing. So not a duff card it would seem. Only my case to go on but I found that using a blue older type card from ASDA works perfectly.

Got my daughter a 2DS for her birthday on Saturday, she loved watching me play animal crossing so I thought I may as well get her her own copy. Went into game and bought a 2DS and Pokemon X, took them up to the counter and the girl asked "is it for you or a present ?" I said "it's a present for my daughters birthday" to which she replied "she'll love Pokemon"....I didn't have the heart to say only the console is for her and Pokemons for me ! Something about a 30 year old man with a beard buying a Pokemon game just seems wrong.........it's brilliant though !

Are there any USB charge cables people here would recommend? I looked at a few previously, but the reviews all said they overheated and didn't really charge much.

A cable is a cable. It works or it doesn't.

Yeah I've never gone for anything specific either when it comes to USB cables. I just search for the cheapest retractable one I can find on Amazon and never had any problems with them. I've been getting USB cable variations ever since the GBA SP, plus their travel friendly.

They just announced one. Comes with a digital copy of the game.

k09mF5K.png

Just saw that and now I want one. Nintendo will be the death of my bank balance at this rate. It's a good job that the Wii U Zelda bundle is not that impressive otherwise I may have to sell organs.

A word of warning about 3DS USB charge cables. I got a cheap ass one off ebay and it doesn't supply enough power to be able to play the 3DS when charging. It wavers on and off which is annoying as the orange light flickers and the screen brightness keeps changing. Charges ok when I am not playing. So it's not quite true to say "it works or it doesn't".

It should depend on the USB port, not the cable, how much power you can draw when charging. A USB mains adapter with a charging port will supply a lot more current than the ports on the front of your laptop.

So I believed, but not with this cable. It is off a mains adapter, and a fairly beefy one at that. I think the issue might be that it is a dual 3DS/DS Lite charger (not that I am charging both at once)