Nintendo 3DS

spatular

You can do the final country with as few as, I think, a 16th of the emperor's troops. The battle doesn't play out like the others. It basically comes down to winning more rounds than you lose, out of five, against him. You'll always have enough troops to beat your enemies as they just scale to your armies size.

Because of the scaling, and the ability to spy on enemies, you'll grow your army exponentially. The gap between 1,000 and 10,000 is far larger than 6,000,000 to 9,999,999. You get 10% of your enemies troops and the armies are stuck at 9,999,999. You're basically getting one million for each fight.

Bought a white/red 2DS today. Playing Pokémon on it right now and I have to say that this is already much easier to hold than the 3DS XL. The buttons being moved up top means that your hands can much better grip the system without getting to much cramp. The sleep mode switch is also quite nice as it immediatly turns the system to sleep mode without delay.

Plus, the feel of the system reminds me a lot of the first generation GBA. I quite like it.

Getting a 5 month backdated payrise from work next week, thinking about picking up a 3DS/2DS and Pokemon. I wear glasses and almost every type of 3D stuff gives me a headache due to this. Would anyone recommend the 2DS over other versions?

So far I've found my 2DS to be far more comfortable than my 3DS XL. The smaller 3DS has often felt way to cluttered. I'd say get a 2DS. Cheaper to boot.

Anything that you can get a larger battery for. My giant battery has been the best 3DS purchase I made.

You know what's better than the massive batteries? An Anker battery pack for charging anything by USB.

No extra bulk, holds about three or four full 3DS charges and can charge your phone or anything else you carry around. They're excellent.

You know what's better than the massive batteries? An Anker battery pack for charging anything by USB.

No extra bulk, holds about three or four full 3DS charges and can charge your phone or anything else you carry around. They're excellent.

how does that work? The 3DS uses a proprietary charger, that's why I was pissed for having to pay £7 for one seperately.

I think I've messed up. I bought a 3DS XL and a 32GB card a while back. I just ignored the bundled 4GB card, chucked the 32GB card in the machine and went about my business. I sporadically get messages along the line of 'The SD card was removed', which stuffs up my progress on some games and StreetPass stuff. I sometimes have problems trying to download stuff from the eShop and I haven't been able to get the Phoenix Wright demo at all because of constant error messages. I've tried backing up the card and formatting it but I'm still having the same problem.

Today I remembered the 4GB card so stuck it in there to see if it's an issue with the card or the machine itself. The demo downloaded at the first time of asking. I've also noticed stuff on the home screen that I haven't seen before (Letter Box, Nintendo Video, Kingdom of Plants video). I'm guessing I was supposed to transfer what was on the card to my new one before setting up my machine in the first place and I'm wondering if that might be the root of my problems.

Any ideas on the best way forward? If it comes to it I'm happy to wipe the bigger card and start again (I've not had much chance to play the machine until recently so wouldn't be losing too much progress on anything) but if there's a way around this where I get to keep everything then I'd obviously rather do it that way.

Or am I completely off track and this is likely nothing to do with the problems I'm having? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yeah I've got a 12,000mah battery pack. Obviously there's some inefficency but it could charge my phone around 3 times over and easily give the DS and Vita both a full charge.

It's going to be my best friend on the 5 flights I'm taking in the next month.