Nintendo 3DS

spatular

I'm surprised I wasn't one of those...

On that note though, I'm not sure if that Streetpass logging thing (can't remember what it's called for shit) that stores a passing streetpass so you don't have to actually be next to the 3DS is working at Waterloo, or really no-one is using streetpass as I haven't noticed an increase in streetpasses at all, if anything, I've actually had less recently than normal. Odd.

Still not got a single street pass in nearly a fortnight in Norfolk and its on 24 hours a day and comes everywhere with me. Come on Norfolk, sort it out !

Quick question while I'm here, what's the best RPG style game on the 3DS ? I saw Fire emblem but from the trailer it looked more like a Ghost Recon style strategy game. Are there any early Final Fantasy style RPGs ?

If anyone wants an Animal Crossing recommendation code (if they've bought a 3DS XL recently and blahdeblahhopeyouknowtherest), let me know! I have one going spare. Was scheduled for use by the wife, but then she lost her job and hence there's no 3DS XL in her immediate future... :(

Street Pass discussion? It's a busy weekend, if you want it to be...

First of all, people in London who are not getting the passes they expect could do worse than head to Waterloo Station on Saturday, for the London half of National Street Pass Day. For once, Nintendo have realised that there is more to England than the capital, and are also running a version of the event at Manchester Piccadilly Station, too. A friend of mine is considering attending both events! This friend happens to be one of the organisers for StreetPass Leeds, who are having their inaugural event on Sunday 29th. Those even further North will have to make do with StreetPass Newcastle's own event, although I don't know if that one is officially Nintendo backed or not. StreetPass Liverpool organiser Anthony Boyd will be doing a sort of mini-event around the city, where anybody who finds him can get a prize.

Not to mention, the Swansea StreetPass Network will be joining in the fun, too, with free Pikmin plushes up for grabs. As well as the North Wales group, which is another one giving away the plushes. (I have one of these, and they are better than the ones from Club Nintendo.) Last, but not least, those way down South can help make the Portsmouth group become a bigger thing.

So, there you have it. Who needs Eurogamer Expo to get some passes, eh?

EDIT: Added links to North Wales and Portsmouth.

If anyone is considering getting FIFA 14 this week - back the fuck off. It's just FIFA 13 with updated teams. And I mean, that's REALLY what it is, not just jokey "ah, EA release the same game every year! LOLZ!!111!".

Shameful.

Vita version is the same, apparently.

Quite tempted by National Street Pass Day at Waterloo but considering I commute through there during the week, I generally try and avoid at weekends as it's too much like going to work....

Decisions, decisions.

P.S. Harvert Moon New doo-dads is quite good so far but the intro thing is looooooooooooooooooooooooooong as the reviews have said. There's a whole section on reading the mini-map, being shown with the camera scrolling to where you go, watching the mentor dude walking there and then having to walk there yourself. I'm sure it would be useful if you've never played any sort of game before ever but bizarrely, there's no option to skip it, although you can skip the much more useful things like tending your crops. Weird.

If anyone is considering getting FIFA 14 this week - back the fuck off. It's just FIFA 13 with updated teams. And I mean, that's REALLY what it is, not just jokey "ah, EA release the same game every year! LOLZ!!111!".

Shameful.

Vita version is the same, apparently.

Think they've done the same on the Wii at some point as well.

Quite tempted by National Street Pass Day at Waterloo but considering I commute through there during the week, I generally try and avoid at weekends as it's too much like going to work....

Same. My commute takes me to Waterloo, then on-foot through Charing Cross and no little green light today.

Oddly, the light was green on my 3DS on Sunday, having only just registered two streetpass tags from Friday. My WiFi works fine. Maybe everyone has blocked my Mii because he's too awesome.

P.S. Harvert Moon New doo-dads is quite good so far but the intro thing is looooooooooooooooooooooooooong as the reviews have said. There's a whole section on reading the mini-map, being shown with the camera scrolling to where you go, watching the mentor dude walking there and then having to walk there yourself. I'm sure it would be useful if you've never played any sort of game before ever but bizarrely, there's no option to skip it, although you can skip the much more useful things like tending your crops. Weird.

Yeah, read the reviews so I knew it'd be a slow start but wow, there's nothing to do for quite a while. Had a quick look online and people suggest rushing through the first month so that you unlock new activities and get most of the tutorial bits out of the way. It definitely sounds like more opens up and it's already got that lovely HM charm, including poorly translated Japanese!

Really looking forward to sinking some more time into it.

Yeah, read the reviews so I knew it'd be a slow start but wow, there's nothing to do for quite a while. Had a quick look online and people suggest rushing through the first month so that you unlock new activities and get most of the tutorial bits out of the way. It definitely sounds like more opens up and it's already got that lovely HM charm, including poorly translated Japanese!

Really looking forward to sinking some more time into it.

It also has that weird forced tutorial thing going on that some games do where even if you know what to do you can't - on your first 'day' you can't buy any seeds in the shop even though you've just been told that's where you buy them and you have to wait for the next day to go and buy the things that you already knew were going to be there :blah:

although I'm giving it all billy big bollocks don't tell me what to do I'm an old (farm) hand, I got totally knackered on my first proper day of planting and couldn't find anywhere to eat anything or even things to buy from the shop to cook, apart from a 300 dollar soup cook book, which would mean no cash at all.

I also don't know where the shipping bin is in my little farm and put a load of stuff in the other woman's shipping bin (oo-er). So even though the tutorial seems to go on for ages and I don't think I've done it yet either, I still don't actually know everything. Or does it tell me about cooking and shipping in subsequent days this month?

I'm probably sounding overly negative but while I'm here... does it animate a bit weirdly? He seems to have quite a stuttery run animation, or possibly it was tired eyes, I dunno it just looked a bit jerky.

EDIT: just read that back and I sound a bit whiny. It's still got good Harvest Moon charm, it's just very slow. If you liked any of the others, I'd get it.