The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

RIITIIR is good, but needs some bloody editing. Some of those tracks go for ages and do nothing but then there's a moment of amazing riffage that makes the disappointment go away for a minute or two.

I've had it a good few weeks now and having given it several listens I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's my favourite album of the last couple of years. It's astonishingly good in places and I don't think there's any wasted time on the album. It all ties together really well. I'm not finding it anywhere near as ponderous as I find the likes of Opeth for example (broadly speaking, of course). Like you say, some of the riffilisation that pops up from nowhere makes my blood boil. The opening few minutes of Roots of the Mountain make froth dribble from my ears.

I'd put it up there with Masquearade Infernale as one of my favourites of this post-black metal type movement so far.

For those who like Stoner Rock, I 'discovered' these on either Amazon or youtube by a lengthy browsing session.

Additionally, amazon are selling the entire MP3 of the album for £1.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seven-Thunders-Roar/dp/B007OIR2PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359798087&sr=8-1

Additionally, on Amazon, here's the link to the MP3 Album 'The Killing Jar' by UKs Black Moth.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Killing-Jar/dp/B007T55MN4/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359798464&sr=301-1