rllmuk
Wahwah*

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

I dont even know what djent means so ill take your word for it!!

Only Death is Real though :P

Talv, how was incantation? I saw them a few years ago and they were crushing :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eternal Rains Will Come leaked from the new Opeth album. It's amazing. I am officially excited now, as while I didn't love Cusp of Eternity, it might fit really well in the album.

Officially excited.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

so yeah my band finally got launched today or something so you can listen to the first song of the ep right here

http://sins-band.com/media/

there are three more songs but my asshole of a guitar player wants to dripfeed them to create hype or some shit i dont know ill let you know

Always do drip-feed mate. It drives us, the audience, mad with anticipation.

Fuck knows Volumes loves to do this shit.

There's something about the term 'djent' that makes my skin crawl. It sounds spectacularly pretentious.

Not really. It just instantly captures the sound a band might be going for. Metal must have got the most subgenres in existence though lol.

I really, really like the new Mastodon album. Its just not what I want from Mastodon. If that makes sense? I miss Remission style tracks.

Listening to the new album I hear tracks which could appear on a Big Business album, Faith No More and the vocals in the last track made me think they had Neurosis guesting!

There are a couple of duffers on there but it's good on the whole. Definitely more mainstream, whatever that means, but I like the cleaner vocals and "what's this, it's got a good beat?" nature of it. Still one or two meatier tracks on there. Maybe it's an age thing, or the fact I only discovered them fairly recently. Perhaps I'd be miffed and ten times more entitled sounding if I was a long time fan.

New General album out soon. I'm really looking forward to that one.

I'm starting to think the new Mastodon album might be a good entry point for newcomers like me. I don't really care if it doesn't sound like "proper" Mastodon because I don't know what that sounds like anyway.

Good idea?

I'd start with The Hunter, then depending on whether you like the poppier or heavier tracks on that, move forwards or backwards through the library. That said, Crack the Skye is phenomenal - I haven't listened to anything before that.

I really, really like the new Mastodon album. Its just not what I want from Mastodon. If that makes sense? I miss Remission style tracks.

Listening to the new album I hear tracks which could appear on a Big Business album, Faith No More and the vocals in the last track made me think they had Neurosis guesting!

Funny you should say that - Scott Kelly from Neurosis has guested on all six Mastodon albums !

TIL!

And yeah it is him on the last track, I thought I was going mad.

Listen to Today is the Day (with Brann and Bill) and see how much it influenced Remission

• Upvote 1