The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Wahwah*

Shameless promo again, sons new EP is out now on iTunes and on spotify if you don't want to pay for it

Clear the auditorium - The Final Broadcast. I think it's miles ahead of their last EP.

They got the launch gig in the moon club in Cardiff tomorrow night as well. £4 on the door.

Oh and the band are this very minute signing their first endorsement with a rather large company that makes amps.

Not sure, I'm sure I've heard some stuff like it but I can't remember what. I would suggest looking on last.fm or somewhere, but since that already knows you're listening to them I guess you've tried the similar artists thing already. :)

BTW. How are you liking the new Insomnium now it's had time to settle in?

That Babymetal promo is wikid! May have to get to Sonisphere day 2 for them and Slayer and Anthrax? There appears to be two anthrax bands, although the saturday one looks less likely to be the one I want, unless its a mistake. As well as Maiden of course, who are hopefully doing their Seventh Son set. Man I hope so!

That new Devvy is sounding veery promising.

Has anyone been listening to the new Destiny Potato album LUN?

It's.... Not anywhere near as good as any of the Bilo material by David Maxim Micic, but I guess it's catchy enough and has some dj0nt gooves going on. Not a classic, (the vocals are too poppy for me) but it isn't terrible.

I really like the poppy vocals. I would rather listen to poppy female vocals in a metal band than poppy male vocals any day.

(the previous vocalist, Aleksandra Radosavljevic was much better though)

Also, the full album stream for any interested parties:

Don't get me wrong, it's an OK album. It just isn't anywhere near the level of Bilo 3.0 which has some of the best female vocals I've heard on a metal album. I'd still rather hear someone like Tesseract's Ashe/Dan than her in that pop style.

I was hoping for LUN she would do more of her Bjork metal style, which is lacking in this release and undeniably incredible.

(Smile is an absolute classic. Like a Serbian Devin Townsend)

Just been listening to ST's Art of Rebellion for the first time in christ knows how long. Probably twenty years. It sounds phenomenal. I am reminded of having my Walkman containing this on cassette being confiscated in a French lesson :)

Stupid French.

\m/

I've mentioned it before, but I'm the only one of my friends that still listens to proper music (albeit with lots of other stuff these days), plays video games and Lego, and doesn't have a boring office job and about seven kids. I'm like one of those left-behind saddo's in comedy films. Sat here in trackie bottoms and a KLF hoody listening to Ice T and Suicidal Tendencies.....

Winning?

Devin Townsend's been posting bits and bobs of him working on Z2, and this one fascinates me. It's so removed from what I expect of bands making new albums, with big recording studios, and engineers, and a producer, when with him it's just (presumably) Pro Tools, a Mac and a big fucking mic.

I never really got into Devin until recently. I just presumed it would be crap... Vague memories of things I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to at the time that he was involved in that I just thought were a bit "strange". Never bothered to check him out properly. Ziltoid being a prime example, I mean... It's a fucking puppet.

I now own a large chunk of his back catalog and cannot wait for Z2...