Incantation - Onward to Golgotha

Master - Master

Massacre - From Beyond

Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick

Obituary - Cause of Death

Possessed - Seven Churches

Pestilince - Testimony of the Ancients

Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

Amenra are great - if you are going to see Cult of Luna in London, be sure to get there early enough to catch the support too. Well worth it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Gutted it's the same day as Clutch as they're previewing tracks off their new album, released in March and Ronsealy entitled Earth Rocker. But they tour all the time and CoL have a new one out imminently, too.

The last time I caught them at the Scala five years ago, I broke up with my ex. Happy memories; on to the next one. :)

I don't know why I dislike bands with two singers so much but here they don't even sound different enough to each other for me to hear some kind of sonic benefit to having two. What's that all about, eh?

It annoys me when audio obviously goes from camera mic in a room to studio recording too. :angry:

Cool song though. :)

KVELERTAK!!!

Get your tickets people, they're on your again!

If their debut isn't an essential album then you're all dead to me*

*not really ;)

Please come to the Netherlands Please come to the Netherlands Please come to the Netherlands Please come to the Netherlands...

EDIT: FUCK! They do have a show here but it's like a 4 hour trip by bus/train. Gah. :angry:

Sounds great, but oh my fucking God I hate the hackneyed, 'That's not doom, it's sludge, you CUNT,' arguments.

Can I just stick this up here, too? It's spectacular.

Listening to the album, it's just cold and brutal but melodic. Amazing.

I need help. I want to research modern metal tshirts but my google-fu is weak today, and I'm struggling to find artists that do them. I've found 2 but I need more. You know the stuff, things like this:

taintedskin-mandalaskull-shirt-front-mock2-600x450.jpg

Does anyone know the names of artists/illustrators that do this kind of thing?

I really, really never ever got into black metal - it just didn't float my boat at all. But that Nachtmystium album really has turned my head; quite possibly because it's a genre-bender and I like the experimental/prog elements of it. Fucking fantastic.

You should give Agalloch's 'Marrow of the Spirit' a few spins. Similar vibe, some ambient etc stuff on there. My favourite 'black metal' album of all time I think, and I get a similar vibe to the Nachtmystium from it.

I need help. I want to research modern metal tshirts but my google-fu is weak today, and I'm struggling to find artists that do them. I've found 2 but I need more. You know the stuff, things like this:

taintedskin-mandalaskull-shirt-front-mock2-600x450.jpg

Does anyone know the names of artists/illustrators that do this kind of thing?

Creative Design might be able to shed some light.

How did I miss the new Converge? I'm getting old.

It's fucking ACE.

Moosegrinder: for artists try Florian Bertmes, Aaron Horkey, Tobe Hooper and Seldon Hunt.

Yeah, I've not listened to the new Converge yet, despite it streaming EVERYWHERE.

Just google Florian Bertmer. Holy crap, it makes my head hurt to think how many Photoshop/Illustrator layers are in a piece like this:

CollabSeldonFlorianFINALlarge.jpg

Shirubagan, that is IMMENSE!

Calling all writers: has anyone got any tips on gig reviewing? How do you find out the exact setlist? What do you look for in a set? What constitutes 'poor sound' Do you get there even for the very first support band? Doing my first one tonight you see and don't want to it to sound like Amateur Hour. Many thanks, any advice appreciated.

I'm currently availing myself of the vast riches to be found on the Profound Lore Bandcamp page.

Really enjoying Subrosa's "No Help for the Mighty Ones". Heavy, mournful, experimental metal. Great female singer who neither wails nor grunts, just sings naturally. Really suits the music. Lots of violins.

For fans of the likes of Giant Squid, Neurosis, Atlas Moth and the like.