IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

Eventually it’ll be a Wolfgang situation all over again…

Metallica 2035 - populated by Het Jr on the drums, Trujillo Jr on the bass, and Lars' kids on guitars/vox. Hammett kids too young to form a band but may kick off one of the young Ulrichs.

At the risk of coming across as a gatekeeping elitist dickhead like those wankers at Metal Archives who refuse to acknowledge nu-metal as a sub-genre or to include bands like Between the Buried and Me or Converge, Muse?!?!?!?! It did rock however, so eh, whatever man. :P

Meanwhile over in the land where they must be putting metal in the water or something to account for the number of bands it has produced to date, Sweden's Grand Harvest would like to say hello whilst smashing your face in with riffs designed for anyone who misses Bolt Thrower or Hail of Bullets (the only Bolt Thrower inspired band worth giving a shit about): https://grandharvest.bandcamp.com/album/consummatum-est

• 2 weeks later...

Sunn are playing their first show since February 2020 at Fabric in London next month and it’s a one off in support of an exhibition of Savage Pencil’s artwork for them.

Tickets are quite expensive but it will be a rare duo show and, as such, essential.

Always nice to randomly run into a great-sounding, massively obscure band from the past. They released one album in 2007 and then simply disappeared off the face of the earth. They are: Soulbreach:

Also it's been what... a few days since a new Malevolence post so, here:

Voices Of The Fuselage is a bloody funny name for a band but I'm really enjoying their two albums, Odyssey 1 & 2. They're fronted by former Tesseract singer Ashe O'Hara and his presence feels right here. If you like your metal with a progressive lean then I'd highly recommend giving this track a listen. It's a track that builds and builds so don't be put off by the softer introduction:

I have a friend who's extremely annoyed about it too. I'm not bothered. Normally I'm not a fan of autotune, but here it's just commentary in line with the theme of the song, so it's easier to forgive.

Been a couple years since my last gig, but like the proverbial bus, got a couple in a couple days of each other.

Was at Ally Pally on Friday for Architects which was an excellent gig, Sleep Token in support were equally as good for my money. Didn't catch Malevolence sadly. Got Tool on Monday.

In a series of old man shouts at cloud moments, what it did do was to reinforce that I'm getting old and I hate standing up for gigs. Absolutely shattered the next day. Give me seated every day of the week. Also, I'd forgotten about the inconsiderate arseholes at these things not to mention trying to see the stage through the purview of thousands of mobile phones.