rllmuk

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

The thing about St Anger, is that while horribly produced, it is actually decent when paired with the documentary Some Kind of Monster. The story behind the album is better than the album as it were. Granted that doesn't make it any less unpleasant on the ears, but as a product of the band and where they were at that time it's a decent little time capsule. Same with Justice, and all the no bass stuff. 

*Edit* The documentary was called some kind of monster, not St Anger. I should know that considering the DVD is in the shelf in front of me!

• Upvote 3
On 19/05/2020 at 13:50, jimmbob said:

The thing about St Anger, is that while horribly produced, it is actually decent when paired with the documentary Some Kind of Monster. The story behind the album is better than the album as it were. Granted that doesn't make it any less unpleasant on the ears, but as a product of the band and where they were at that time it's a decent little time capsule. Same with Justice, and all the no bass stuff. 

*Edit* The documentary was called some kind of monster, not St Anger. I should know that considering the DVD is in the shelf in front of me!

Oh yeah, the movie is incredible. Lars losing his rag, HE LEFT THE FUCKING BAND

• Upvote 2

St Anger is half a good album. Frantic, St A, Dirty Window, My World are great. Unnamed Feeling is pretty good, Some Kind of Monster is great but should be half as long. 

It also gave us this song

Which is brilliantly reworked here and even better on S&M2. 

Let's talk about Lulu..........

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fuck it, ima put this in here -

Im gonna  be honest, this really encapsulates alot of the "metalheads" i know!

its got the metal, the screaming ,the breakdown ,the growls....and then...the silly pop song that we all listen to while no ones looking lol

and the video...is MAJESTIC AS FUCK!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very late to this party but I agree that St Anger has some proper bangers on it. If anyone's got the original digipak with the 'live' DVD where they recorded the whole thing live in the studio that's somewhat more palatable, if a little rough around the edges.

EDIT: I've already ripped it to MP3 so if anyone wants the MEGA link just let me know.

I think I've shared these before but Igorrr had a new album out recently

https://igorrr.bandcamp.com/album/spirituality-and-distortion

strange mix up of blasts, BM, chip tune, accordians and other classical instruments. The second (I think release) was name Baroquecore and pretty much exemplifies what it is.

• Upvote 2
56 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Very late to this party but I agree that St Anger has some proper bangers on it. If anyone's got the original digipak with the 'live' DVD where they recorded the whole thing live in the studio that's somewhat more palatable, if a little rough around the edges.

EDIT: I've already ripped it to MP3 so if anyone wants the MEGA link just let me know.

Yes please!

On 13/07/2020 at 10:29, moosegrinder said:

also yes please!

S&M2 is out in August apparently. Looking forward to it.

The first one was one of my most listened to albums, ever more so the second disc because disc 1 got stuck in my CD changer and was away getting repaired by Dixons for like 6 months and CDs were fucking expensive when I was 16 :( 

8 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

also yes please!

S&M2 is out in August apparently. Looking forward to it.

The first one was one of my most listened to albums, ever more so the second disc because disc 1 got stuck in my CD changer and was away getting repaired by Dixons for like 6 months and CDs were fucking expensive when I was 16.

I just spent £100 on the box set :blink2:

• Upvote 1
On 15/07/2020 at 21:32, Mike1812 said:

I just spent £100 on the box set :blink2:

I'm really want the box set but I have no interest in the Vinyls at all, which considering the cost of them separately appears to make up the bulk of the cost. It's annoying as I'd probably stump up 80 quid for the set without them.

Could someone please explain what the boxed set actually includes, and if all of it can be bought separately? The Metallica store site doesn't do basic things like list the actual contents of the boxed set so it's a little difficult to tell.

30 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Could someone please explain what the boxed set actually includes, and if all of it can be bought separately? The Metallica store site doesn't do basic things like list the actual contents of the boxed set so it's a little difficult to tell.

4 Vinyls, the Blu Ray, CDs, a poster, copies of some of the sheet music, 5 picks and a picture book, iirc. 

The CD + Blu-ray bundle seems like good value if you don't want the vinyl and don't care about all the tat*

*they should do a ubisoft style edition with a shitty statue of Old Man Hetfield and some early access weapons.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 14:48, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I'm not really digging what I've heard of S&M2 so far. Lars' drums are louder than the whole orchestra which sounds pretty watery. The first album sounded enormous in comparison.

It sounded amazing at the cinema, I watched it twice. I know it's been remixed since then though. Haven't listened to the YouTube stuff very loud yet so can't really comment. 

On 05/08/2020 at 14:48, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I'm not really digging what I've heard of S&M2 so far. Lars' drums are louder than the whole orchestra which sounds pretty watery. The first album sounded enormous in comparison.

Fuck, that's disappointing. I've got the CD/blu ray coming later in the month :(

LG Petrov from Entombed has an incurable form of cancer and is looking for some support https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-petrov

image.png.3837c71e447d092da44a00c608f90ffc.png

I’ve been hit with uncureable cancer (gallvägscancer in Swedish), and have been battling it for some time now. It can’t be removed but the doctors are trying to control it with chemo therapy. Life takes its weird turns...

To help a fellow metalhead in need in these difficult times, feel free to donate here!

A classic band to me - have rinsed their discography over the years. I hope his docs are able to keep the cancer under control :(