IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures

Wahwah*

Yeah, it's sad. Completed Mario 3D World yesterday. Phenomenal game. Miles better than anything in that NPD top ten, that's for sure.

Although Wii U sales aren't exactly stellar you'd imagine it would be mostly hardcore Nintendo fans that have bought one.. In which case - it's really weird that Mario has sold so poorly.. :blink: You'd think it would be a must-buy for the majority..

As gaming enthusiasts, I don't think anyone can be particularly happy with this top 10 - AC4 and GTA5 aside. Christmas top 10s are always the same I suppose.

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U)
  2. Battlefield 4 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
  3. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U)
  4. Madden NFL 25 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
  5. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)
  6. NBA 2K14 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
  7. Skylanders: SWAP Force (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS)
  8. Just Dance 2014 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Wii)
  9. Disney Infinity (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS)
  10. FIFA 14 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Vita)

In the 16 bit days it used to be some poor generic movie tie-in platformer at the top of the charts, in the PS2 era it was a Need for Speed:Green Painted Road Car With Spoilers editions. At least you could argue that most of the games in the top 10 now are decent quality products that will last for hours for those who enjoy them, especially in multiplayer.

In the 16 bit days it used to be some poor generic movie tie-in platformer at the top of the charts, in the PS2 era it was a Need for Speed:Green Painted Road Car With Spoilers editions. At least you could argue that most of the games in the top 10 now are decent quality products that will last for hours for those who enjoy them, especially in multiplayer.

that's true... It's also a real shame that Tearaway sold so badly. Had I owned a Vita, I'd have been all over that. There's enough Vita owners out there to have thought it would have had better sales.

I got Tearaway. It's quite charming, but I'm not surprised it doesn't sell really. I only bought it reluctantly after the praise and recommendation it got here, being completely non-plussed by the demo. The full game is a lot better, but probably too quirky and 'out there' for most people.

and this is why we don't get nice things

As gaming enthusiasts, I don't think anyone can be particularly happy with this top 10 - AC4 and GTA5 aside. Christmas top 10s are always the same I suppose.

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U)
  2. Battlefield 4 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
  3. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U)
  4. Madden NFL 25 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
  5. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)
  6. NBA 2K14 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
  7. Skylanders: SWAP Force (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS)
  8. Just Dance 2014 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Wii)
  9. Disney Infinity (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS)
  10. FIFA 14 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Vita)

NBA2k14 deserves to sell well as it's an amazing game. Glad to see that get a top 10 slot.

Good week for Nintendo in Japan.

3DS topping the hardware chart with over 181.000 units sold, followed by the Wii U, which bumped from 48.000 to 74.000. Software wise Puzzle and Dragons Z sold over half a million copies, there was a nice bump for Mario 3D World and Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2 and NSMB 2 all charted. Pokemon and AC both sold well over 3 million in Japan alone (LTD).

Good week for Nintendo in Japan.

3DS topping the hardware chart with over 181.000 units sold, followed by the Wii U, which bumped from 48.000 to 74.000. Software wise Puzzle and Dragons Z sold over half a million copies, there was a nice bump for Mario 3D World and Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2 and NSMB 2 all charted. Pokemon and AC both sold well over 3 million in Japan alone (LTD).

The usual nintendo slow burn routine continues? The 3ds was written off after a very slow start as well wasn't it?

The usual nintendo slow burn routine continues? The 3ds was written off after a very slow start as well wasn't it?

People said they thought the 3DS would do worse than the DS and that's what it's tracking to do, even after the uptick. I recall people saying "well I thought it'd do worse than the DS, but didn't expect performance this bad".

It's super weird that Nintendo fans use the 3DS as an example of how they were right, when the 3DS is on track for PSP level performance, and the cut price led to a bump that's now wearing off.

Well it just turned out that Nintendo made some decent games for 3DS and then got some decent third party exclusives (or rather, Monster hunter). It was pretty bleak for the first year. The system always gets a huge boost when specific games come out (like NSMB2, MH4 and Pokemon), something that isn't happening with Wii U in the long term yet.

They can still turn the Wii U around, but it would take a herculean effort now they have two newer machines to compete against.

• 2 weeks later...

I speculated somewhere that Sony might look to shift half a million units in the UK. Looks like they managed it:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-outsold-xbox-one-by-166-000-consoles-in-uk-last-year/0126321

PlayStation 4 has sold 530,000 units in the UK in just five weeks, according to ERA (using Chart-Track data), while Xbox One has sold 364,000 units.

Pretty incredible numbers for both really.