Classic videogame commercials

Keyboard Koala

I like this Atari Lynx ad, mostly for the shot when he pulls it out of his pocket to show how portable it is:

Also. It's Spiderman, before he got bitten! I didn't know that before today :)

It's also plugged in, in the bog??

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also not sure if anyone remembers this but I can't find it on youtube. When I was little I remember seeing an advert for the gameboy color which consisted of a bloke dragging a tv, n64 and a load of extension cables into an open field so he could play games outside only for the plug at home to be unplugged because the hoovering needed to be done, realising there is no power the bloke has a break down but then gets a gameboy color making everything better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Coming at it from a slightly different angle, does anyone remember this Ariston advert? Check out the music. I remember watching this at the time.

I remember it confusing me at the time as it seemed unlikely (to me) that they'd use music from a game, but surely the music hadn't come first, right?! As it later transpired Ariston apparently liked the music from the GameBoy version of the game and licensed it from Ocean. The advert itself is meant to have been influenced by Zbigniew Rybczyński's 'Tango'

(NSFW).

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...