rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mechamonkey

Guardians of Middle Earth

Surprisingly for a MOBA game there's a pretty great community on this, had some proper epic tug of wars, I've definitely had my moneys worth already and I suspect I'll be playing this for a long time to come.

I just hope the network patch sorts out matchmaking and they reinstate the lock out for dropping out of a game (it's temporarily been disables till the next patch is rolled out)

I played the demo last night on PS3 and it is surprisingly good. Would I pick to play this over DoTA2? Probably not yet, but I'm open to being convinced.

The biggest thing that stuck out to me was the PS3 version seems to have a pretty low frame rate. Either that or I'm comparing the fluidity of motion with DoTA2 on a good spec PC.

Also, I fired it up (the demo) and didn't get any other real human players, only AI on both teams. How's the playing population out there?

Still playing the hell out of this on 360

I much prefer the direct control rather than point and click of PC MOBAs.

Since Fridays patch I've been getting full 5v5 matches with no AI in about 2 minutes of matchmaking.

I'm just about to finish off the achievements on the 360 version, after that I'll give the PS3 version a try as I've grabbed it from PSN+

Absolutely love this game, sank about 60 hours into it so far easily

Had a few awesome games with Corleth last night on 360, unfortunately we ran into some really good premade teams but it does show how utterly brilliant this is playing with friends

Corleth, i'll try and dig out the mic/kinect tomorrow, for some voice comms :)

Thanks for helping out my friend too, she's bit slow/nervous with new games.

Oops sorry! Servers were being utter shite earlier,

Drop me a friends request so we can get some games on the go in the week!

Will do!

I've got another friend who is interested if we wanna try and get a regular 5 going?

\o/ awesome!

Who are your picks right now? I mainly use Runsig but with a smattering of Bilbo (very weak early game, absoute stealth bastard at higher levels) Gothmog (Tower smashing powerhouse) and Mozgok (SMUUUUUUSH)

I'd concentrate on one guardian and build it an excellent belt with Mithril gems as a priority but I'm just glad more people are playing :)

I'll be on tonight but have a Borderlands weekly session for the majority of the evening, will be on G:oME around 11pm+ if anyones around, I intend to give Great Goblin some time next as I've barely touched him and don't see him used much

Early on I was Wulfrun almost exclusively, the extra level of survivability was nice whilst learning the basics.

Now i'm mastering Thorin, love the skillset and he's a nice mix of damage and defence. I bought a 4-slot relic to match the single target/crit playstyle and am working on improving it now.

I'll be on this evening but probably before you arrive, but i'm around most nights so i'm sure we'll bump into each other eventually.

https://www.guardiansofmiddleearth.com/forums/showthread.php/3055-New-Guardians-are-on-the-way!

New Guardians are on the way!

Bolster your army with a new Guardian! As Season Pass holders know, there are eight total DLC Guardians that are set to launch, along with the brand new Survival Mode. Which means, of course, that there are still more Guardians (and, a game mode) yet to come!

We’re very excited to announce that we’re going to continue launching brand new Guardians starting next week. But, do note that they’ll be arriving first on XBLA, and shortly after on PSN. Exact dates are still en route.

We can’t wait to show you what we've been cooking up.

If you're playing with a friend, give bilbo and golem a try, it's absolutely insane, such a fun gangling combo, root, silence, smush, taunt more smush.

Any other good combos? Lets get some talk going!

If you're wondering which relics to get first here's my suggestion:

Dragons Hoard Relic/Argonath Relic

Dragons Hoard Relic - Each kill gives you 3% damage, stacks up to 15 times. That is 45% Basic Damage.

Argonath Relic - Every basic attack gives you 5 Ability Power per level, stacks up to 4 times. That is 280 Ability Power.

You can use this on any Striker/Warrior guardians like Arathorn, Haldir, Legolas, Gollum, Bilbo, Thrain, Ugluk, Sauron, Mozgog to become a damage dealing machine, forcing people to run resistance just to survive.

You can save up for more specialized builds, this is a good one to take you a long way on a budget.

Talking to myself here now but Radaghast is great, absolutely destroys wulfrun (Silence + True Damage Ult), with a good Thrain as my lane partner my first go on him resulted in 20 kills 7 assists.

Loaded him up with full Ability power belt, although my belts probably all need a tweak now with the latest changes.