rllmuk
Uzi

Dark Souls II - Prepare to Die, Again

If anybody still has the original release of GeDoSaTo would they mind uploading it somewhere? It's been removed from Durante's blog and the latest build I just downloaded refuses to work for me, and I don't think I'm doing anything differently. I deleted the old zip file before trying the new one out.

Pvp session tonight, awesome.

Got summoned into 3 guys, obviously gankers, but honorable ones. Host with gimp mask and trous, and two naked green bald fattys both called shreck, dual cestus both.

Poison caestus interests me greatly for p&p, you can get so many hits in so quickly.

I've pretty much sacked off the second half of the game for now, can't remember having so much fun with online shenanigans in any other game...

• Upvote 2

Haha, glad you're enjoying Charley, it's great fun, isn't it?

This weapon durability stuff is fucking bollocks now that I'm using an ultra Greatsword, it's degrading so fast it's unreal. I would sometimes be at 50% durability after just killing the dogs outside McDuff's bonfire, ffs. It seems to go down a lot faster if you hit / kill multiple enemies at once, too.

I was hanging around the Ruin Sentinels for bro op (had great fun, the redeye ring makes thing interesting for sure!) and sometimes after doing the boss I'd have lost about 10% durability, others 90%! Fuck man. So annoying.

Thing is I used an ultra Greatsword on my first ng+ character (ps3), never noticed the degradation being this severe.

Sadface.

If anybody still has the original release of GeDoSaTo would they mind uploading it somewhere? It's been removed from Durante's blog and the latest build I just downloaded refuses to work for me, and I don't think I'm doing anything differently. I deleted the old zip file before trying the new one out.

GeDoSaTo_DS2Edition_Alpha1a.zip

• Upvote 2

I look like Velstadt powerstancing a Great Club +10 and a Large Club 10. Not the armor I am happy with, I need something more "brutal". Or more modern looking Greathammers. I like the look of the Grym Greathammer, nothing more than an anvil chained to a pole.

I did some bro-op earlier with someone using the Demon's Great Hammer, looked beast. I'm hoping for one from snuggly!

Just been watching back some footage I captured of the Ruin Sentinels fight.. It's so fucking random. I'm going to cut together a video when I get some time.

From need to fix this shit.

Have you been to Heides yet? No Man's Wharf? Going to Bastille straight after Forest of Giants can be tough man.

No I have no idea where these are. I thought I'd explored everywhere I could after the last giant, beat the pursuer, get birdy lifted to lost bastille

No I have no idea where these are. I thought I'd explored everywhere I could after the last giant, beat the pursuer, get birdy lifted to lost bastille

There's another route you can try from Majula. The enemies within are a bit easier than the ones at the Bastille, so you may want to to check it out to help prepare you a bit more for the Bastille. :)

I look like Velstadt powerstancing a Great Club +10 and a Large Club 10. Not the armor I am happy with, I need something more "brutal". Or more modern looking Greathammers. I like the look of the Grym Greathammer, nothing more than an anvil chained to a pole.

Somebody did that to me a few days ago. They somehow critted me from the front - it was like being backstabbed, but in the front. Is this hacking? I wasn't aware you could do that.

Also how do you duel wield at the same time? You only seem to be able to swing once weapon at once, which kind of defeats the purpose of the class.

You can powerstance weapons if you have double the stat requirement for the left-hand and right-hand weapon; this gives you new combos with the weapons. Also there is some rule (no idea what) about which weapons can be powerstanced.

If someone breaks your guard with the forward+R1 move, or breaks it through depleting your stamina, they get a free riposte, basically.

Sometimes you do get lag backstabbed even though it looks like it shouldn't have happened too.

As for dual wielding, having a weapon equipped in each hand (eg two short swords) will let you attack faster with alternate hands, and do additional damage (compared to one handing a weapon). Additionally, once you have 150% the str/dex requirements for a pair of weapons, if you press and hold triangle/y you will switch into powerstance mode, giving you new attacks on the L1/L2 button s, which is pretty beastly. See the L2 on pair of clubs for RIDDICK damage and stunlocking on bosses :D

To backstab you need to be roughly behind an enemy and just press attack without any change in direction on the left stick (e.g. if you walk slowly up behind an unaware enemy and tap R1 when you get close, you will backstab - you don't have to stand still to do it).

The animation starts with a sort of elbow to the back of the head, which stuns the enemy - the rest of the animation varies depending on the weapon and enemy.

edit: 1 minute in in this video:

You can powerstance weapons if you have double the stat requirement for the left-hand and right-hand weapon; this gives you new combos with the weapons. Also there is some rule (no idea what) about which weapons can be powerstanced.

1.5x the stats, not double.

So Iet go of the directional stick entirely? Will try it!

I don't know how this myth prevails but it makes no difference.

Lock on, get in correct position with shield lowered and press normal attack.

So Iet go of the directional stick entirely? Will try it!

No, just don't change direction when you press the button. It's fine if you are already holding a direction when you press the button.

I do! But I just swipe like normal :(

I spent ages on the lion dudes in Shaded Wood (cus feck taking them down with spells) and never seemed to do anything cool

1.5 times indeed. Great Club needs 28 STR, Large Club needs 26. We ignore the 26 for now and focus on the 28. 28 * 1.5 = 42. If I have 42 STR I can powerstance both clubs.

I just picked up Dark Souls 2, I'm very tempted to use GeDoSaTo/ENB but want to wait and see what happens with VAC bans over the next few weeks.

Aren't any of you guys worried about that?

Black gulch is a contender for worst level of all time. Utter garbage. 5-1 in demons and Blighttown were horrible levels but nontheless enjoyable. I actually really enjoyed both of those levels. This is just a trek from point a to point b while getting poisoned. Fucking terrible design, actually makes me want to not even bother continuing

• Downvote 2

Black Gulch is worth persevering with. If you take out all the statues and rest at the bonfire they won't respawn (they'll respawn if you teleport out and return though), which enables you to clear the level out which is good not just for clearing the run to the boss (there's actually a second bonfire fiendishly hidden virtually t the boss door) but farming the hands will drop the very useful titanite chunks. Lucacile spawns there if you want to see her quest through, as does one of the 3 dark portals locations needed to join the covenant, also there is a soul of a giant there which is crucial if you want a fighting chance against an optional boss.

Black gulch is a contender for worst level of all time. Utter garbage. 5-1 in demons and Blighttown were horrible levels but nontheless enjoyable. I actually really enjoyed both of those levels. This is just a trek from point a to point b while getting poisoned. Fucking terrible design, actually makes me want to not even bother continuing

It's not that bad! Break the statues and take your time. It's very short, Fwiw..