Dark Souls II - Prepare to Die, Again

Uzi

Its a shit level and theres no excuse for it. Ive played the first 2 games to death with hundreds of hours logged on both, and never complained about any of their maps. This is a shit level. End of.

:D

Yeah it's not a great level but I just brought loads of moss and upped the poison resistance, makes it pretty easy.

Well, the new King build is boring and under performing. The weapon feels so awfully slow I ended up solely using miracle spears:hmm: My previous build rocking Velstadt set wielding Great and Giant Club felt much better.

Of course, I am now all out of end game shards and whatnot.

I really liked Black Gulch. Proper Lovecraftian nightmare.

After a couple of weeks mooching around with co-op and PvP I made an effort to progress over the last two nights. Minced a few bosses and got the King's Ring, but then Guardian duo are giving me all sorts of shit. I just can't get them separated enough to focus on just one.

Low point has been the run to Demon of Song and the waterlogged area preceding it. Too many homing projectiles and too much water dragging me down. Still cunted it in the bastard, mind.

I just picked up Dark Souls 2, I'm very tempted to use GeDoSaTo/ENB but want to wait and see what happens with VAC bans over the next few weeks.

Aren't any of you guys worried about that?

yeah, after watching that video about vac bans I don't think I'd ever mod a game with vac security

The worst thing about executioners chariot is that often even when locked on to the skeletons while in a recess waiting for the chariot to go past, my guy is clubbing away at the wall behind him instead of the skeletons. :(

Just built up about 90,000 souls doing co-op at the Skeleton Lords; wanting to move on - thought I'd clear the boss for my own progress. The pinwheels bullied me all at once at the last moment. Went back through the caves to retrieve and forgot about the holes.

King's Ring get!

The grave area before was annoying, but stomping across the bridge with 2 sunbros was fun

Can only think of 2 doors?

One in Giant's Forest thing near the bonfire and one in shaded wood?

How near the end am I? :)

Edit - Also maxed out a Covenant so thinking of another. With the Blue Sentinals do I need to equip the ring to be summoned?

There's another in

Drangleic Castle :)

You're not far off now, tbh. You still have some really good areas to come yet though.

I'd estimate you're at 75-80% done.

Oh yeah. I even did the boss duo in someone else's game :D

Found a Staff of Wisdom that seems aces, and a judgement set that looks cool...but I can't give up the cast speed from ugly as sin Lion Mage set :(

You have to look pretty Hexx. Also, try it out and see for yourself it the longer cast time causes issues. Personally, it made no difference to my playstyle in the slightest.

Edit: I rock the Chaos set. The head piece increases cast time. Pictured below.

ZEbgsXI.png

Oh.My.Fucking.God. I just killed Ancient Dragon. Not only that, but using my own method that I don't even think is on youtube. Everyone there is saying stay diagonally to his front left paw and bait and run in, but I used that method for 3 hours and you almost certainly get into a position where you'll have to run behind him to avoid fly breath and will never make it on time.

Do this. Start of fight, run to his back right paw stay to the outside of it, hit it once or twice. He'll always use fly breath, just as he crouches, look up at his tail to watch where it goes, 90% of the time he'll to a 90 degree turn to his left, don't take it for granted though as sometimes he'll have to turn right to stay on the platform. As you are at his back leg rather than the front, you have time to run to the tip of his tail. Repeat...for a quarter of an hour.

Don't use an ultra geatsword or large club, I used my beloved bastard sword+10 which means I can get two hits in and then sprint. I was naked. I used chloranthy+1, ring of blades, ring of life protection and...gold covetous serpent ring, which was stupid I should have used silver as it would have netted me tens of thousands of extra souls.

3 hours I spent on this on Thursday and Friday, then 15 minutes tonight using my own method (not exclusively mine obviously, you know what I mean). Didn't get hit once of course as everything is a one hit with that guy.

Dark Souls.

Found a Staff of Wisdom that seems aces, and a judgement set that looks cool...but I can't give up the cast speed from ugly as sin Lion Mage set :(

Just FYI some guy on reddit did a bunch cast speed testing and concluded it is basically not worth using any of the gear that increases cast speed, aside from maybe one staff and that whatever its called ring +2..

Haha, does he have company? If it's a higher health bar it'd just be a case of more patience, if he's flanked by guardian dragons or even hollow infantry to mess with your rhythm he definitely won't be getting aggro'd.