Yoshi's Woolly World - Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World

YoshisWoolyWorldbanner.jpg

7mROIkU.jpg

So, even the mighty Edge is going with it then... ( > http://www.edge-onli...land-for-wii-u/).

Yesterday rumours started doing the rounds that Mario's pet dinosaur will be the star of the WiiU's next big platformer. Reasons for this was a Canadian retailer listing Yoshi's Land as one of the imminent releases for the WiiU.
Add to this the fact that one zealous NeoGAFer stumbled accross the title when messing about in the WiiU's debug mode, and you've got a rumour that makes the hearts of any Nintendo fan skip a beat.

Meanwhile, Nintendo has already stated that it doesn't want to comment on these rumours.

UPDATE:

Nintendo are developing a new game for the WiiU starring Yoshi, which is developed by the team that created Kirby’s Epic Yarn.
Set in a world of textiles, Yoshi's Yarn (prov. title) looks similar to the Kirby game and is being supervised by Takashi Tezuka, director of Yoshi’s Island and Yoshi’s Story - which is awesome -, and also known for his heavy involvement in the Super Mario games.

First images:

0vqRLGg.jpg

H2h3WwM.jpg

i9UUCC3.jpg

Nintendo Direct footage:

E3 2014 trailer:

kohrTDc.jpg

yC3wdvQ.png

If they made a 3D game with the gorgeous art styles of Yoshi's Island... I'd probably poop myself but I somehow just don't think it will have the same crayon drawn charm as it does in 2D. I can only picture in my head Galaxy but with Yoshi at the front and the tongue control and shells in 3D?. I should be more like the new Rayman or Mark of the Ninja 3D2D or whatever it might be called, super parallax scrolling :P.

I'd be happy with it. I liked Yoshi's Story as well, even if it was a bit fuzzy, easy and clearly not actually as good. I played a wee bit of the DS version of Yoshi's Island 2 as well and had a hard time figuring out if it was a remake or not, haha, some of it is so, so similar at the start.

• 4 months later...

I never followed this up, but seems like the rumours were true.

Yoshi's Yarn, as the game's working title seems to be, is set for a WiiU release somewhere later this year - if it doesn't get pushed back of course.

More info will probably be given during this year's E3. Unless Gaben will have the whole show to himself when he finally reveals Half-Life³. Beli3ve.

I know they won't, but it would be nice to see them do the Yoshi's Story fruit collecting again, albeit done better and with far more levels/better challenge. YS2 basically.

...Liked sniffing stuff out in levels.

• 1 month later...

Why we didn't see Yoshi's Yarn at this year's E3:

First revealed as a part of Nintendo's Wii U Nintendo Direct this past January, many fans have been eager to learn more about 'Yarn Yoshi', a cloth/textile-based action game similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn. In its pre-E3 broadcast, Nintendo touched upon most of the titles it had revealed in January, but Yarn Yoshi was nowhere to be found.
Acc. to Takashi Tezuka, the game - predictably - just wasn't ready to show yet.
Though Yarn Yoshi is staying out of the spotlight for now, Tezuka commented on why he decided to approach GoodFeel, the masters of Kirby's Epic Yarn, for a similar adventure featuring Yoshi : "I looked at [Epic Yarn] and thought it was really beautiful. It seemed like it would be a good fit for Yoshi as well. We found that the Wii U would be able to make it a much more expressive game. It looked like it would be a lot of fun."
Though the game was gorgeous, one issue many players had with Epic Yarn was its difficulty level. Kirby's romp through cloth was simply too easy. Tezuka, however, has managed to pack some tougher content into his New Super Mario Bros. series, through the Challenge Mode and DLC packs. Tezuka noted that it was something he definitely wanted to do in Yarn Yoshi as well, if possible - certainly good news for all of us that thought Kirby's Epic Yarn was far too easy.

From IGN.