IGNORED

Introducing The Wii Mini: no gamecube support; no internet access

Keyboard Koala

and if they don't ask they'll pick the one that looks different to the original Wii. I think this is more likely to confuse consumers. The difference between the new Wii and Wii U is that Wii U includes a tablet. I can see it happening in some cases.

and if they don't ask they'll pick the one that looks different to the original Wii. I think this is more likely to confuse consumers. The difference between the new Wii and Wii U is that Wii U includes a tablet. I can see it happening in some cases.

I don't think it'll happen enough to be a concern.

They sold 400,000 in the US last week. I think there's still plenty of people to sell them to, especially as they haven't hit $99 yet.

They're not going to set the Wii U at a price which people with less to spend will be willing to pay for some time yet, it would be odd not to do what they can to make sure those people are buying at least a Wii for now rather than going for a 360 which is fairly closely priced. Then in a couple of years time when the Wii U is cheaper they can upgrade to that.

I don't think it'll happen enough to be a concern.

You sure about that? Haven't there been articles online already saying that a fair proportion of the general public still thinks the 3DS "lets you play DS games in 3D"?

Who fucking cares? It doesn't make what I said any less true.

The boat has sailed, and this should have been released two years ago.

They should have kept releasing games two years ago. The Wii lost momentum because third parties gave up and Nintendo didn't release enough first party games to take up the slack.

This is just them getting out the cheapest possible console to soak up the budget market and give it some legs until they can make the Wii U a more attractive price.

You sure about that? Haven't there been articles online already saying that a fair proportion of the general public still thinks the 3DS "lets you play DS games in 3D"?

I am pretty sure about that. Of course it might happen in one or two instances but I don't think it will be a problem. After all, asking for a new Wii will just as likely land you a new Wii than it will a mini or a Wiiu.

Nintendo really love making different versions of existing kit in different sizes don't they? Fucking hell...

Yeah. Sony and MS never did that.

Nobody buying one of these will care about GameCube games. Where would they even get the controllers and memory cards from? Second hand shops?

Game still sell them.

I wasn't suggesting that other companies don't do it, just that Nintendo seem to do it a lot more than the others.

I'm not sure they do. This is the third design of the Wii. How many models of PS3 and 360 have there been? At least 10 of each.

Now it makes sense why the Wii U console is so ugly. Their designer was too busy working on the Wii Mini. This looks lovely, now why wasn't the Wii U made to not look like a chinese Wii knock off?

Its a shame that Wii HD never came out that John Davison kept saying was happening, it'd have given the Wii a natural boost and improvement without changing much and its a shame Nintendo did stop releasing games. We had a great Xmas with Kirby and Donkey Kong and since then a small drip feed of games. To me the Wii still feels as fresh and exciting as it did day one, just no one makes those types of games for it anymore.

Reading the various gaming news sites everyone thinks Nintendo are shooting themselves in the foot with this. But what everyone has already forgotten is Sony released the PSone after the launch of the PS2 and whilst it outsold the PS2 for the first year, it made Sony a lot of money and didn't harm the PS2 at all. So i think this is a pretty smart move on Nintendos part and hope it lives just as long as the PSone did. Now if only they made an official screen for it, those sold like hot cakes on the PSone.