rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

House of Cards (US) (Netflix)

I'll give it a go. Just disappointed it's not really ending as always intended. I understand the reasons why, just annoying to stick with it to see Frank's downfall and be denied it. Was never that invested in Claire. 

• Upvote 1

Claire is the least interesting part of the show. They should have just cancelled it. I think they lost it when they killed off that journalist years ago. 

I watched the first episode this morning. I'm actually surprised how little I missed Frank. It held my interest more than I expected and I'll see it through to the end. 

I've literally got to force myself to get through this season with the biggest bottle of rum I can find. The show's gone so far down the toilet, Creepy Doug will probably wind up as president in the end, wearing Claire's skin.

• Upvote 6

The Doug Stamper pity story was a constant drag on the show and it shows no sign of abating in this final season.

I'm three episodes in and it's pretty desperate stuff. It feels like what should have been a ten minute epilogue, stretched to within an inch of it's life.

I'll stick with it until the end, just to see how it all plays out, but thus far, this feels like a very muddled and flat end to a once great show.

1 hour ago, Illyria said:

Ugh. I forgot that Sky has the rights to House of Cards here in Germany, and I can't even watch it on Netflix yet. I am disappointed. <_<

Well, if it's any conciliation, the reviews I read aren't exactly positive. I don't think it was a positive idea to finish the series like this; I imagine there were legal/contractual reasons compelling Netflix to finish the series like this, or they wanted to save face and not suddenly cancel one of their first exclusive series.

I barely managed to get through the last series, even just putting it on in the background while I did other stuff, so just read a synopsis of what happens this season. Oh boy, you’re in for a 'treat'...

The last season would have been terrible even without the Spacey issue, given the steady decline that the whole thing has been on ever since season 1 or 2, and I wouldn't really expect a last minute, forced change of protagonist to improve matters.

The quality arc is definitely reminiscent of Dexter, now that Meh mentions it, and I think that for me the final season here will go just as unwatched as the innovative serial killer / lumberjack crossover did.

Yeah, it's not worth it. I didn't mind the first episode, but it slows down to a crawl after that and the ending is all over the place. Honestly, the Dexter comparison works. You might be better off just giving it a miss entirely. 

The fact that the banner image on Netflix for me right now is a big picture of Doug overlaid with the American flag is like a warning do not watch sign.

51 minutes ago, Harsin said:

The fact that the banner image on Netflix for me right now is a big picture of Doug overlaid with the American flag is like a warning do not watch sign.

Imagine seeing that and thinking "oh great, Doug's still in it. I really wonder what he's up to"

• Upvote 1

I read all the hate and just skipped to the final part of the final episode.  I honestly don't feel like I missed much at all.  It feels like the ending to episode 1 of the new season not the ending to the whole show. 

I'm so glad I didn't waste time on this season.  I read up on it and honestly, they should have just condensed the 8 current episodes into the first episode and then go from there. 

I hope we find out one day what the original ending was meant to be.  Because the ending they gave us was useless.