rllmuk
davejm

Mass Effect Andromeda

Just done Drack's mission. It's official: Drack is the Best Krogan. Brogan. Fight me on this and I will cut you.

I feel a bit bad that I denied him the John Matrix moment at the end there but damn it, I'm totally Captain Picard'ing this shit. Well, mostly.

And Cap, actually no.

Spoiler

I was so mad at Reyes playing me like a fiddle that - despite swearing blind after meeting Kelly that I would get her kicked out on her arse - I saved her out of pure spite, though I couldn't bring myself to shoot him. So now I'm stuck with a working relationship with that vicious cow instead. Great. Smashing. Super. SHIT.

Photo of the Day. I call it 'Peak Liam'

58e183ed82266_MassEffect_Andromeda_20170329022358.thumb.jpg.4cc784f7c2f66c1236bc4ca77f591f43.jpg

Just now, Captain LeChuck said:
  Hide contents

With Drack right there, it made the decision harder. But like Ulala, I tend to ask myself 'what would Picard do?' in those situations.

Those scouts knew the danger, of course they didn't know the horrible fate that awaited them, but they knew scouting the Kett would extremely risky.

The Salarians had just been through hell, they needed hope after this rescue. They needed their Pathfinder. I couldn't leave her and her team behind.

Drack was understandably pissed off. But I think he'll get over it.

Same as me. 

Spoiler

I felt a right cunt doing it, especially as Drack ignored me on the Tempest and the next time he did talk to me, gave me some serious grief :( 

You sickos. 

No way I was having the Krogan be second best yet again. Plus, letting the archon convert the best warriors in the galaxy into kett? Not a chance!

• Upvote 1

Wiper gets it. I don't want any more of those things in the Archon's room running around than is absolutely necessary. Speaking of, Drack's attempts to talk it down were proper "awwwww".

Generally speaking, the idea of Krogans setting up home in an already inhabited cluster sets off a load of alarm bells because they're one of the ultimate example of a invasive species nightmare in the making. On the other hand, Krogan are typically always awesome and loveable space frog buddies to a point I find it almost impossible to side against them. I could understand it if any Angaran who spends five minutes reading up on them is shitting themselves, though.

32 minutes ago, Wiper said:

You sickos. 

Hide contents

No way I was having the Krogan be second best yet again. Plus, letting the archon convert the best warriors in the galaxy into kett? Not a chance!

With you all the way.  That's what I chose too :)

Oh man this game.....I'm approaching 50 hours and there's still so much to do. I have no idea how long I have left of the main story, but the galaxy map has opened up and there's so many places to go now. I'm getting Inquisition vibes with the amount of content, there's probably more here actually. A few days off from playing is probably a good idea for me, I'm starting to feel the slog but at the same time I don't want to rush! :blink:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

One thing that has been a very pleasant surprise is the Archon turning out to not be the clichéd one-dimensional villain portrayed in the trailers. 

Looking back, the trailers and marketing for this game were way off. 

Until last night, my thoughts on him were this:

i) His intro scene where he's watching Dad Ryder interact with the Remnant interface, trying to copy it and failing, then just silently staring at Ryder with the coldest, most envious and slightly sad glare was actually kind of cool;

But then nothing else happened for the longest time so it became more like:

ii) Who the fuck is this guy? What does he want? Does he have anything approaching a personality in the slightest? Is he just gonna silently fume the entire game? Are all these dudes just mindless killers?

After finishing Voeld and last night's mission though, I've have warmed to him. It reminded me of that scene from Dr No where it turns out No's spent most of the film trying to get a bead on Bond and what kind of threat he presents until now, finally, he's seen enough to say "[oh] you're just a stupid policeman." It's that same level of confusion the Archon has over Ryder giving way to "hmmm, you're not really anything special, are you?" except this goes both ways between them.

I kind of wrote them off in the first few hours as puttymen machine gun fodder but since getting to explore a lot more, the Kett have become far more intriguing. Playing off the body horror aspects of the Borg while clearly having a kind of structure, culture and degree of manipulation at all levels that wasn't immediately apparent.

Do they ever say who the mysterious benefactor who helped bankroll Garson was?

Spoiler

Surely it has to be dear old Timmy, though if so, it's surprising how many of his screw-up prone former staff made it through the screening process. Speaking of Initiative screening, good on them for addressing why so many of the colonists turned out to be total psychos, was just expecting it to be ignored entirely because [enemy mob variety].

• Upvote 1

Yeah I think it'll be that person as well. 

Spoiler

Does you make you wonder how set up it'll all be considering humans come out on top.  The Salarians, Krogan, Turian and Asari lose most of what they have but the humans are relatively unscathed. 

I assume he's just talking about

how fucked the other arks are, though given that the scourge and kett both postdate mission launch that seems unlikely to be intentional. 

Yeah. Actually the crew as a whole are vastly more likeable than most of the originals in a lot of ways.

Much less fucking whining going on...

Although Cora could do with a bit less bigging herself up as a sodding Huntress...

Get over yourself love, you were kicked out :P

Cora never leaves my squad. She can tank, detonate combos I set up, boost my shields and prime combos with cryo ammo.

Liked her storyline too.

Just did Vetra's loyalty mission - basically only Eladeen and the main quest left now. Phew. Feels good to clear stuff up.

53 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

As a fellow biotic who takes her on most missions, she's entirely justified in being supremely confident in her abilities. 

She shows vulnerability too, and is humble when it counts. Like I said, I really like her. 

And she has an arse you can prop a pint on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Matt, is that an end game spoiler? I opened that thinking it was purely about the current subject, which I'm not too fussed on reading spoilers of. But your spoiler reads like an ending spoiler...

No it's not an end game spoiler, more and observation about how the humans are compared with everyone else.

Spoiler

The Arks.

Enough about all this trivial speculation and let's move onto the real issues: what paint job does your Nomad have?

Blood Pack all the way baby 8-)

• Upvote 1

You know what's annoying. Whenever you engage in a fight your squad mates use their abilities straight away. Is there an option for this I'm missing? 

Not having that control is my main gripe after about 25 hours or so. 

On the load out screen Hexx. It's the last option on the right.

There is a vendor on the far right in the docking area on the Nexus (not sure if you have to open some cryp pods for them to be there though).

It's becoming really hard to get into a gold game now in MP where there isn't a cheat script running, most game give you iinfinite ammo, no reloads, no CD on abilities and instant refresh on shields.

21 minutes ago, JoeK said:

It's a fucking big game isn't it? 

yeh my clock says 23 hours and it really feels like I am only starting. much bigger than all other ones it seems. as these were not massively long RPGs I though. I am back liking it though. no other bugs to report. I also stumbled into a side mission exploring an ice cave. I really liked that little discovery. relationships are starting to become way more interesting as well.