IGNORED

Mass Effect Andromeda

davejm

OG Mass Effect has loads of jank but a satisfying narrative building up to one of the most epic conclusions in any game I can remember playing. 

..this is an obvious statement to anyone who's played the original.

The prior mentioned jank in the combat/animation/everything.. is what brings down the score as reviewers are often looking for faults that totally don't matter. Which is why a lot of videogame reviews are bullshit. 

3 hours ago, Majora said:

I keep seeing this gif and can't decide if I think this is actually quite good animation or not. I need to know the context.

If the intention is meant to be slightly confused amusement then I actually think it's pretty good. But because she always has this half smirk on her face, I can't tell if it's completely unintentional or not.

Anyone know the context of the scene?

The family dog just died.

edit - dammit

11 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Are these funny faces only from the beginning of the game?

I can't wait to see more!

They're all within the trial version. We should fill up several drives with them and time capsule them for future generations to discover. 

Maybe the rest of the game is ok?:( Bioware are trolling us because of the amount of shit they got for the end of ME:3. They were like "Lets put out the year old alpha as the trial version as a joke, that'll learn 'em!" 

Reading Chris Thursten's little bit on the PC Gamer website, he's eager to tell people to explore and is reminding me of DA's Hinterlands debacle, 'cept I really enjoyed the Inquisition mmo shit, so I'm still keeping the pre-order.

The piece he's written is quite encouraging to me, as I know he's a big ME fan: http://www.pcgamer.com/nine-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-i-started-playing-mass-effect-andromeda/

Still have hopes, plenty of jank in the earlier games. la la la la.

35 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

Quite the contrary. I just don't value all opinions the same.

Sure, but just because you only value opinions that match your own it doesn't make those that are opposite wrong.

Only got the optional objectives left in the trial to do... And now that I've ran about another planet with scanning, shooting and more scanning completed, I'm out until it arrives in the EA Vault (Perhaps around Scorpio time...).

The vehicle handling sucks, the AI squad mates love dying and then talking normally as if they're up and about and we all know about the character model shite. 

I really want to play Mass Effect as it still has the sense of adventure and intrigue about it, but almost all of the mechanics are frustrating as hell once you're in full swing mission mode. 

It looks really nice in places but that's about the biggest positive I can give it after today's playthrough :(

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

But the articles they had on their front pages 24 hours before the rest of the world got their hands on it were all positive. 

This is just a guess, but discussing technical issues in a preview might be tricky if the developer or PR have said that those issues are likely to be fixed before release. And there is the whole taste thing.

2 minutes ago, K said:

This is just a guess, but discussing technical issues in a preview might be tricky if the developer or PR have said that those issues are likely to be fixed before release. And there is the whole taste thing.

This is actually true, one of the conditions of a preview.

5 minutes ago, K said:

They have said that the version on EA Access includes the day one patch. This is the exact same version you'll be playing on day one. For previews in general what you're saying is correct, but in this case all the sites are playing and reporting on the final version up until the cut-off point of the early EA Access version.

7 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Lol, I think my own Xbox is disgusted with the game. Every time I try to boot it up, I get an error saying "Something Went wrong" lolwut??  Is XB Live having issues or something?

Edit: Yeah, the EA Access hub isn't working either, and now I have "Try again later - We are having trouble connecting to Xbox"

Something is up with system.

I was getting that too

13 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Lol, I think my own Xbox is disgusted with the game. Every time I try to boot it up, I get an error saying "Something Went wrong" lolwut??  Is XB Live having issues or something?

Edit: Yeah, the EA Access hub isn't working either, and now I have "Try again later - We are having trouble connecting to Xbox"

Something is up with system.

Maybe EA have realised the monster they've created and are trying to stop people playing it? ;)

5 hours ago, Harsin said:

n9m2oAY.jpg

WgeN1wF.jpg

The hair across the board looks a bit bizarre. Like someone ran up behind characters 2 seconds before you entered the scene and jammed a comedy wig on their head quickly.

twobadneighbors5.png

'That looks fucking awful.

Can we really blame Bioware for this though? It's obvious they were FORCED to use Frostbite for a game that already had an engine and code for certain things like animation. This is EA's fault and purely a cost saving measure.

Yeah so that facial animation gif I was defending as maybe being quite good in context? It isn't. 

It'd be great if she was listening to someone unwittingly say something inappropriate or unexpected which she found quietly amusing. It's actually in the middle of a fairly serious conversation and the bit where she turns away smirking someone is saying 'good luck pathfinder' :lol:

Its that goddamn constant smirk. Why did no-one notice it undermines all the scenes she's in when she constantly looks like she's finding everything secretly hilarious? 

5 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

Bioware used Frostbite for Dragon Age:Inquisition and that turned out fine, I loved it and then Witcher 3 came along and shat all over ewverything.

Erm, not really. It looked old before it's time.