IGNORED

Mass Effect Andromeda

davejm

3 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I think EA need a game for this holiday season and it looks unlikely they can make anything quick enough so I imagine this could be it?

Tbh if they rereleased the OG trilogy on PS4 with zero improvements I’d pay a hundred dollars for it. Need all the DLC though obviously

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up Andromeda last week as I was looking for something cheap to while away lockdown now that the weather has turned. It's actually ... good?

Carried on my trilogy tradition of making the most hideous character possible. The shooting and exploration fully scratches the ME itch, just made my first settlement and keen for more.

6 hours ago, BruceBruce said:

Well we might get our wish, as a reveal is rumored for as soon as next week for a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster..

https://wccftech.com/mass-effect-trilogy-remastered-fall/

If it;s just the pc version with a couple of shaders then I might not bother.

If they overhaul the animation for example and redo the textures and some of the gameplay elements in the first game especially then yes absoutely

48 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

If it;s just the pc version with a couple of shaders then I might not bother.

If they overhaul the animation for example and redo the textures and some of the gameplay elements in the first game especially then yes absoutely

Yeah, I have the games on PC with the hi-res texture packs, the games look and run great. So the only way I'll buy a remaster is if there's a significant next-gen overhaul.

Can't see that happening.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm playing it at the moment and I absolutely love it. Slightly builds on the mechanics of previous instalments and there is loads to do. It's a shame the design of the new aliens is so formulaic (so far, I'm 2 settlements in), the imagination of the original game is completely missing on that front.