deKay

Wii U

My wii u pack was a mario one but was plain black with a blue wii u logo on it. No sexy mario picture! I'm expecting loads of friend requests when I finish work people!

• Upvote 1

My wii u pack was a mario one but was plain black with a blue wii u logo on it. No sexy mario picture! I'm expecting loads of red shells when I finish work people!

The controller really is gorgeous, isn't it? :wub:

Not really, it feels a bit cheap...and nintendo certainly skimped a hell of a lot on the controller battery (open up the battery pack and see how tiny the battery is!), but I still think the machine has some classic games on it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

Little buggers, i paid £34 for mine, it has shipped now - wonder if i can get the cheaper price!?

I was cheap enough to feel cross about this and moaned to amazon and they gave me a couple of quid back. I felt like a big man quibbling about my slightly too expensive Wii controller, I can tell you.
  • Upvote 2

God I hope there is a drought of games over the summer, my Wii U backlog is growing. Just picked up Pikmin 3 for £16 from AVF

Have to stop now, pretty sure I have all the games that I am interested in for now

I just got on board with Mario Kart, and my household is having a great time with the Wii U. Certainly for a family console, which is my priority these days, the Wii U is great. Mario Kart, Nintendo Land, Lego City Undercover, and the overall Wii U experience itself, have given me that smile that I remember back from the N64 (and to a lesser extent the Gamecube) days. Everyone with younger kids should pick one up.

As a "gamer's" console, I'm not so sure, but it does have a lot of decent, low-cost ports on it (Arkham City, the two Assassin's Creed games, Deus Ex, etc.). That said, I'm only just realising how Nintendo first-party games, while having a "kiddy" reputation, are actually pretty hardcore. Certainly compared to most games these days, where putting in the requisite hours will see you completing them with very little trouble.

• Upvote 2

Not really, it feels a bit cheap...and nintendo certainly skimped a hell of a lot on the controller battery (open up the battery pack and see how tiny the battery is!), but I still think the machine has some classic games on it.

Come on people, the battery is a fucking joke and the fact they actually designed it to leave physical space for a larger higher capacity one that they can sell you for £25 is even more so. Probably negged for the lack of quality comment though which I can't really agree with, the only thing I'd want is a more responsive screen personally.

How many Pro Controllers does one need? Can Wii Remote / Nunchuks suffice for a 3rd player?

You don't even need a pro controller at all for mk8 if you've got some remotes and nunchucks imo. Hell, technically even remotes on their own would suffice if you didn't mind. I do though, I'm not playing with motion controls! Despite my occasional outbursts to the contrary in the lobby :)

Thank fuck for the wiiu. The start of the "next gen" has been full of boring and soulless games that while not terrible are just so average. Games like Infamous, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Titanfall, Ryse etc etc.

The wiiu delivers brilliant game after brilliant game, yet nobody owns one. I just don't get it. It's worrying that without Nintendo we will be left in a world with indentikit FPSs and Sandbox games.

If you haven't got one - WHY????????????????????????????????????? Get out there and buy one RIGHT NOW! It's amazing and their best home console since the SNES

Titanfall is immense fun (on PC at least, no idea about the consoles).

I'm looking forward to Mario Kart very much though.

• Upvote 1

You don't even need a pro controller at all for mk8 if you've got some remotes and nunchucks imo. Hell, technically even remotes on their own would suffice if you didn't mind. I do though, I'm not playing with motion controls! Despite my occasional outbursts to the contrary in the lobby :)

You can disable the Wiimote motion controls and use the tiny little d-pad if needs be. I think I'd rather go motion than use that poxy little thing though.

Thank fuck for the wiiu. The start of the "next gen" has been full of boring and soulless games that while not terrible are just so average. Games like Infamous, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Titanfall, Ryse etc etc.

The wiiu delivers brilliant game after brilliant game, yet nobody owns one. I just don't get it. It's worrying that without Nintendo we will be left in a world with indentikit FPSs and Sandbox games.

If you haven't got one - WHY????????????????????????????????????? Get out there and buy one RIGHT NOW! It's amazing and their best home console since the SNES

I haven't played the others, but have gotten plenty of enjoyment from Infamous & Watchdogs, just as I have Mario Kart 8.

I wouldn't want a world with no Nintendo games, though even worse would be one with nothing but Nintendo games. They might be masters of their craft, but their well-worn (yet still brilliant) formula is never going to be enough to sustain my interest in a console by itself. I'd like nothing more than a Nintendo machine at the vanguard of console hardware able to attract both the long-term support of third parties and gamers who aren't especially interested in the company's first party software,

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Come on people, the battery is a fucking joke and the fact they actually designed it to leave physical space for a larger higher capacity one that they can sell you for £25 is even more so. Probably negged for the lack of quality comment though which I can't really agree with, the only thing I'd want is a more responsive screen personally.

Yeah, thank god for the ps4 pad with the battery that lasts, well actually about the same or less than the wii u one that has a fucking screen to power......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, thank god for the ps4 pad with the battery that lasts, well actually about the same or less than the wii u one that has a fucking screen to power......

The DS4 has a disappointing battery, but it doesn't last "about the same or less" than the Gamepad. That's just abject crap, even if you don't dim the DS4 LED.

Both are incredibly short-lived in comparison to the Wii U's Pro Controller. I know that has less to do than either, but it is still impressive.

• Downvote 1

You can disable the Wiimote motion controls and use the tiny little d-pad if needs be. I think I'd rather go motion than use that poxy little thing though.

Really? Interesting. I'll be doing that next time I play. The kids prefer the analogue controls so one of them uses the wii pad. Have bought a wii u pro controller so that's the other kid sorted. I'm fine with a d-pad.

The DS4 has a disappointing battery, but it doesn't last "about the same or less" than the Gamepad. That's just abject crap, even if you don't dim the DS4 LED.

Both are incredibly short-lived in comparison to the Wii U's Pro Controller. I know that has less to do than either, but it is still impressive.

It really does tho, I play a fuck loaf of bf4 on the ps4 (350 hours + and counting) and it doesn't last any longer than the wii u pad.

Of note is the 60-80 hours the wii u pro pad does compared to the 4ish hours the ps4 pad does!

• Upvote 2

It really does tho, I play a fuck loaf of bf4 on the ps4 (350 hours + and counting) and it doesn't last any longer than the wii u pad.

Of note is the 60-80 hours the wii u pro pad does compared to the 4ish hours the ps4 pad does!

Four hours?! Something is wrong there. The battery life is sub-par, but there's no way you should be getting four hours. Either something is off with the charging port, or the battery is dodgy. I'd accept six to seven hours (which I'm not for a moment going to pretend is great) but four hours isn't something I've experienced.

I work away during the week. My wife uses the ps4 to watch Netflix. When I get home and try to play my ps4, the controller is dead. Every. Damn. Time.