deKay

Wii U

Shit isn't Pikmin a launch title either? My release day list is getting smaller by the minute.

... and my wallets breathing a sigh of relief

Wallets plural? Look at mr. Moneybags here.

:rolleyes:

For someone who isn't getting one and can't even be arsed to change a thread title... You sure like posting in Wii U threads!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe deKays date of Nov 2013 is when you'll be able to walk into a shop and buy one off the shelves, given how few there seems to be for this year.

I'm glad someone actually told me it wasn't 2013. I was all ready to post wtf you all on about? It's 2013.

Then realised it's 2012.

Which means I've been signing orders and invoices wrong all week. Ah well. People didn't need paying yet anyway.

• Upvote 3

Launch window eShop games seem to be:

• Trine 2
  • Mighty Switch Force HD
  • Mutant Mudds HD
  • Toki Tori 2
  • Chasing Aurora
  • Little Inferno
  • Cloudberry Kingdom
  • Nano Assault Neo

Other stuff like Double Fine's 'The Cave' coming early 2013.

I'm surprised Nintendo doesn't have any eShop games of their own for launch.

Review embargos

November 13th

Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge

ZombiU

November 15th

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

November 18th

Epick Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Assassin's Creed III

Darksiders II

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sing Party

Tank! Tank! Tank!

November 20th

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

• Upvote 1

Is there anything about virtual console yet.

Reggie said he'd love to see GameCube games on the Wii U VC when asked about it. Some have taken that as a hint. I'm not sure it'll happen.

Officially, we only know about transferring and accessing our Wii VC purchases. There's a Wii mode option on the main menu. That'll take you to the bog standard Wii Menu, where you'll be able to access your VC and Wii Ware games as well as the old Wii Shop Channel.

Seems a bit cumbersome, but I suppose Nintendo are worried that the Wii U will be hacked through the Wii backwards compatibility if it isn't sandboxed properly.

Let's all just save time and disappointment and assume that the Wii U Virtual Console will be as crap and uncompetitively priced as the Wii one. (Really, it was a huge letdown.)

How was it a huge let down?

Probably due to the election, but this has had hardly a mention over here. Only realised it was out soon because of a display stand in GameStop.

Over here in Dutchland it's also pretty silent still. There's been a couple of 'Wii U is coming, pre order now' posters and stuff half-arsedly stuck on walls in some stores, but there isn't much of a buzz yet.

So there's a shorter version of the PEW PEW PEW advert that just shows the ninja star game, with the voiceover going "Yeah, this is great...now I need to learn how to shoot!" And then it ends. It is terrible.