Nintendo Wii U

deKay

My WiiU has arrives from Zavvi. However NSMBU which I also ordered from them separately and was dispatched on Wednesday hasn't and because it has been posted to work means I won't be able to play it until at least Monday. So I'll probably be downloading Trine 2 off the eShop to keep me busy over the weekend

AT LAST :omg: !!! After 8 hours and 15 minutes my system is updated, AND Virgin have just sorted out the broadband issues in my area so i'm all good to go (after I let my system have a bit of a rest!!).

I've added my NNID to the spreadsheet and will go through adding everyone in a bit (unless you request me first).

Ny NNID is, strangely enough, SHarris78

Oh yeah, i've been sent an extra copy of BLOPS by mistake :blink:

I asked this on miiverse but is there any way to turn the screen off? On Mario for example you don't need it if you are playing on the tv. Turning it off under home is for deactivating it altogether.

Looking at the instructions (yes i've read them, waiting 8 hours for the system update to download i had to do SOMETHING :) ), press the home button, select controller settings and choose display off.

My DPD driver trolled me to the very end, driving past, then back again. I watched out the front window in despair, began to look for DPD's number, only for him then to appear at the back door. My poor heart.

I then took the exciting option of waiting an hour before getting down to business. It's freezing outside (more or less literally) and I didn't want to risk any condensation putting me in the DOA gang. Whether that was necessary or not I'll never know, but it's working and thats all that matters. Well, it's updating.

No dead pixels on the GamePad either. I never even considered that threat until getting my hands on the thing.

Naturally, I haven't got to use the thing with a game yet but the Pro Controller is everything I hoped for in terms of feel. The analogue sticks are perfect. The ZL and ZR triggers could have done with being analogue for racing games, but what you lose in that genre you gain with FPSs. Until they make the move to Microsoft and Sony's new boys next year. Aw.

I was going to transfer my Virtual Console games over from Wii, but having looked into the process, I simply cannot be bothered.

So overall, yeah, this is not going to replace the SNES as my all-time most magical introduction to a console.

Looking at the instructions (yes i've read them, waiting 8 hours for the system update to download i had to do SOMETHING :) ), press the home button, select controller settings and choose display off.

Seems to turn the whole pad off. As soon as you touch a button it comes on again. Only useful if using another pad?

Well! I haven't had much of a play, but what I have played was lovely. The time going between apps is strange, but I think that's mainly because it gives you zero feedback as to what's going on. It doesn't seem stupidly long to me, it reminds me of basically any of the current consoles.

They;ve done a lot of good things with the e-shop and the interface in general, everything looks and feels great. I wish Sony had a similar shop for the Vita (or PS3 for that matter).

I was surprised after all of the complaining about updating games that you can play them whilst the update downloads (which took no time at all for me regardless). So I jumped straight into Nintendo Land whilst it was downloading the update, which is very charming. I only played a bit of the Ninja star game, which I doubt I'll end up playing that much. Very much like one of the Zelda shooting galleries was my impression! Back to work though now. :D

Update is about 80% downloaded after 45 minutes.

NintendoLand is present. :)

But NSMB U didn't arrive. :(

Do I buy ZombiU, Black Ops or AC3 for the other? Help me!

Zombi U or Sonic Racing.

Why is that when you go to search for someone sometimes it only gives you the option to 'follow' and not to send a friend request?

You need to set up your Friend List first, same as if you go straight to Miiverse, you can't add people unless you activate it for yourself.

You need to set up your Friend List first, same as if you go straight to Miiverse, you can't add people unless you activate it for yourself.

Ahhh so its the people i'm trying to add who havent fully set up their friends lists, gotcha.

With regard Miiverse, and this is gonna sound dumb, how do you post a message?

Ahhh so its the people i'm trying to add who havent fully set up their friends lists, gotcha.

With regard Miiverse, and this is gonna sound dumb, how do you post a message?

Go to the community you want to post in and press post. Or reply to another message. If you launch Miiverse from in game it should go directly to the appropriate community.

I see what people meant earlier when they said they thought the gamepad felt about the same weight as a 360 controller - holding both at the same time, it really doesn't feel like it weighs almost twice as much.

I think it's the overall surface area that spreads the weight out. It's the right size without being difficult to hold. If it was smaller but the same weight it would feel a lot worse to hold.

My DOA unit was picked up today so i'm expecting the replacement Tuesday or Wednesday. Guess I best finish some games on other platforms while I have 4-5 days.

I'm liking the little touches that have been added to the apps. Just noticed that when using the browser, your mii appears on screen and starts messing about. So far he's been a juggler, singing, playing rock,paper,scissors and pulled a dove from a top hat.