Nintendo Wii U

deKay

Brad, get Nintendo Land for the family. It should be dead cheap and it's great for multiplayer.

All the Mario games are worth getting but priority for you should be Galaxy, 2, 3D World, NSMBU and if you enjoy the latter then try the Wii version.

3D World is brilliant but different to the Galaxies so you don't want to pass on those.

If you're not getting the new 3DS then Xenoblade Chronicles is a must. You'll need a Classic Wii Controller.

Pikmin 3 is so lovely.

Bloody hell, it came today and I thought I would be nice and get it all set up for the boy.

It is well packed isn't it, I have no idea how I am supposed to fit it all back in now I have taken most of it out. Updates are taking ages, but so be it.

So hit me... what are the top 20 (retail only for now) Wii/WiiU games I should get for this (We got Wii Party U, Nintendoland and Bayonetta 1&2 with it)

Mario 3D World - Superb, varied platformer with a great multiplayer.

Tropical Freeze - One of best 2D platformers in ages. Excellent level design, great presentation, a good challenge and the soundtrack of the year.

Wonderful 101 - Steep learning curve, it's advised to watch Saur's excellent system breakdowns first. But it's deep and rewarding when you get the hang of it. It also builds and builds to a batshit insane climax.

Zombi U - If you like survival horror that is. It's a true survival horror game, the type some people claim isn't made anymore.

Mario kart 8 - Just a ton of fun and gorgeous to boot.

Those would be my top picks for now. Also recommended: New Super Mario Bros U + NSLU (not a big fan of the art, but the gameplay is superb), Lego City Undercover if you like a fun open world game for the young and old, Wind Waker HD if you want to experience it again, Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends (if you haven't played it before, the Wii U version is probably the best one). Oh, and Shovel Knight next month.

Such a good little machine. :)

Well it is all packed away again (console and controllers anyway, left the leads out so it can just be plugged in).

Had a quick go of Bayonetta to "make sure it all worked" and I am rather surprised at how comfortable the controller is.

Think I am going to pick up a few Wii games (SMG, Donkey Kong, NSNB Wii) and one or two Wii U games to get him going (Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8) then go from there.

Thanks all for the advice, have it all listed down.

Am I the only one excited about Devil's Third?

I think I am.

Watching the Treehouse event again and it looks the right side of shit. Like EDF.

EDIT: I mean, you can catch a sword with your hands, steal said sword and use it to decapitate your attacker. :lol:

Not at all. I'm a huge fan of Itagaki's Ninja Gaidens, so I'm keeping an eye out for this. Technically it looked rough at E3, but the gameplay looks fun. Will be interesting to see how much it's been improved since June.

I think NSMBU suffers by associated with all the other NSMBs. It's miles better than any of them and genuinely comparable with SMB3 and SMW. There must be loads of people who've never even given it a second glance because they found the DS or Wii iteration lacking.

Basically Brad: get New Super Mario Bros U. Don't bother with the Wii version.

I think NSMBU suffers by associated with all the other NSMBs. It's miles better than any of them and genuinely comparable with SMB3 and SMW. There must be loads of people who've never even given it a second glance because they found the DS or Wii iteration lacking.

I agree with all of this. It's packed with content and the level design from around the second area onwards is ace.

It really winds me up when people say it lacks the "charm" of SMB3 or SMW as a cop-out excuse for not giving it more of a go. They're talking bollocks, all of them.

We've had our Wii U less than a week and my 3yr old son is already up to 13hrs playtime on Lego City Undercover! I've managed about 2hrs myself.

Only had a very quick go of Nintendoland and yet to even look at Rayman.

Whenever I suggest us playing anything else he always insists on Lego. Myself or the wife have done the first 3 missions for him but he just loves going round exploring and knows to look for Super Bricks and how to break into doors.

This is so true, i would go as far as to say it is possibly the best 2d mario game :o The wii one is wank, the timing feels off or something but yeah it is no where near as good - my kids love it mind...