Nintendo Wii U

deKay

Hi folks, looking for a bit of advice actually as seems to be some confusion and different answers online. Sure this may have been covered already but couldn't find it.

Looking to sell my WiiU as I just don't use it after MK8 so would rather some other soul had the opportunity. Sure I'll be back for Zelda though. It seems I can remove/delete the nnid account via the console but I also need to unlink the account from the console itself by calling Nintendo and getting them to do it. Is that right?

Hi folks, looking for a bit of advice actually as seems to be some confusion and different answers online. Sure this may have been covered already but couldn't find it.

Looking to sell my WiiU as I just don't use it after MK8 so would rather some other soul had the opportunity. Sure I'll be back for Zelda though. It seems I can remove/delete the nnid account via the console but I also need to unlink the account from the console itself by calling Nintendo and getting them to do it. Is that right?

Why not keep hold of it and play Hyrule Warriors?

Tried the Bayonetta 2 demo.

I have NO idea what I'm doing. I can barely tell what's going on, it makes me feel like an OAP. "What am I doing!? Am I that character?! Am I winning?! How did I do that?! Who's talking?! Nurse!"

I seemed to get by alright by just randomly mashing the buttons. I'm sure it's more nuanced than that, but I can't imagine how I'd ever fathom those nuances out. It's busier than a rush hour train!

It looks amazing, but I can't say it really interests me as a game. Shame the first proper 10/10 game is in a genre I simply don't get.

Me too Davros. I love the concept of every game Platinum have ever made until I play them. Vanquish was lovely fun but it's just way too deep for me to appreciate fully. I'd expect Bayonetta to cost £10 within months for this very reason, I'd not pay full price for something I know I'd not really playand don't worry, the next full Zelda game will be an Edge 10.

So, these Amiibo things then. I just read that using them in SSB for WiiU...you don't actually control them? Is that right? Um...what's the point?! Am I missing something here? Am I old?

How Will They Work in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?

When an amiibo is placed on the GamePad, that character will be brought into the game. Players have a choice of watching the character battle other characters, battling alongside the character or battling against the character. In addition, the player will not be able to directly control the character. The more the amiibo is played, the more it levels up, unlocking different moves, equipment and customization options. They will also level up faster when pitted against other amiibo fighters.

Do these Pro Controllers ever run out of battery? 15hrs on the Bayo 2 demo, 20 hours on Hyrule Warriors, and a few hours here and there on other stuff and it's still showing full capacity.

I think they're powered by magic pixie dust. I've had mine for a couple of months and I'm sure it's only been charged once.

Why not keep hold of it and play Hyrule Warriors?

Not really my cup of tea to be fair. I've got SM3DW but nothing else out there or coming out soon that really appeals. Then again I knew this when I purchased (MK8 is so good) so maybe should just wait it out for Zelda, Starfox and others.

Zavvi have a Basic Model Wii U for pre order that comes with Nintendo Land and Super Smash Bros for £179.99. I guess you'll only get it on the 5th of December or later as that's the release date of Smash Bros. Better still a 'WELCOME' voucher code can be applied to first time orders taking 10% off that price. Better be quick before the HUKD masses pounce.

It's unlikely given the lack of demo but I can see his point. It's one of those things where I've tried at least 5 or 6 musou games over the years and always been thoroughly underwhelmed to the point that I'm really not willing to spend £30-odd quid on one just to see whether I like it this time or not just because I'm a fan of the setting.

Anyway, I'm downloading Dynasty Warriors Next again to see if there's anything I'm missing, but as I said I've never really found much enjoyment in this sort of thing.

Do these Pro Controllers ever run out of battery? 15hrs on the Bayo 2 demo, 20 hours on Hyrule Warriors, and a few hours here and there on other stuff and it's still showing full capacity.

Maybe they should think about using the same tech in the 3DS then :)

It's unlikely given the lack of demo but I can see his point. It's one of those things where I've tried at least 5 or 6 musou games over the years and always been thoroughly underwhelmed to the point that I'm really not willing to spend £30-odd quid on one just to see whether I like it this time or not just because I'm a fan of the setting.

Anyway, I'm downloading Dynasty Warriors Next again to see if there's anything I'm missing, but as I said I've never really found much enjoyment in this sort of thing.

If you don't like it give Hyrule Warriors a whirl. Its all sorts of amazing and so much better than the DW games.

Neither have I

Great, I'm happy for you. I still can't justify thirty quid on something I may or may not like at the moment.

Do you want to run about as Ganondorf with two magic swords, twatting fuck out of King Dodongo, Ghoma and Manhandla at the same time while using the hookshot to pull the moon from Majora's mask out of the sky to batter swathes of Bogoblins?

Yeah - I thought you did too.... :)

Great, I'm happy for you. I still can't justify thirty quid on something I may or may not like at the moment.

I had a funny five minutes and bought it. Regretted it. Then played it. No regrets now.

How about people stop trying to convince stefcha into spending his money the way said forumites would like, and instead saves it for things he expects he will like instead (and maybe try Hyrule Warriors when it's, like, a fiver)? Not everybody suddenly enjoys a style of game that they otherwise dislike purely because it's had a Zelda theme slapped on it.

So spend it, play it and if you don't like it bung it on Amazon and get your money back?

I've got literally hundreds of games to play, unless I know I'm going to be right into it there's not much point and apart from people going "ooh, it is actually great" the fact that the series has continually left me cold counts against - don't know why that's so hard to get. Even so, it does sound interesting so I might pick it up if I ever see it cheap(er), or if my disposable income hits more than the paltry amount it is at the moment.

I've got literally hundreds of games to play, unless I know I'm going to be right into it there's not much point and apart from people going "ooh, it is actually great" the fact that the series has continually left me cold counts against - don't know why that's so hard to get. Even so, it does sound interesting so I might pick it up if I ever see it cheap(er), or if my disposable income hits more than the paltry amount it is at the moment.

I never liked any of the DW games and thought they were boring. But I love this and think its worth a punt, since sticking the disc in last weekend its never left the console, entirely up to you whether it appeals.