Nintendo Wii U

deKay

I'm trying to work out what the Wii U release schedule is for 2015 (yeah, before anyone jokes and says "bugger all", I'm being serious..)

So far I can think of is

Captain Toad

Legend of Zelda

Mario Maker

Splatoon

Mario Party 10

Project CARS

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dragon Quest X

Yoshi's Wooly World

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I also came across Devil's Third scheduled for 2015... it looks mental.

Might be utter crap, might be fun in a Disaster Day of Crisis sort of way... who knows.

Is there any other releases I've missed out?

StarFox is 2015 according to Miyamoto. Wonder which studio will help Nintendo with it (Treasure would be so good).

And I have high hopes for Devil's Third. It's an Itagaki game after all and he made a game that many fans of character action consider to be part of the holy trinity of action games (DMC3, Ninja Gaiden Black, Bayonetta). It looked fun at E3, but in need of some polish, which it's probably getting at the moment.

There's also Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, although that one has gone a bit quiet.

That's the one thing I'm potentially most interested in, but the one I've heard least about! Apart from the name it's never even been hinted as to what sort of game it is, I'd hope for something that was classic Fire Emblem crossed with Devil Survivor but would probably end up with a 2D fighter or something.

Anyway, I don't know if you need reminding but when you were trying to be positive for this year back in April you had X and Zelda confidently on your list for a 2014 release so I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath for things like Giant Robot, Guard or even Starfox at the moment (although they've all got a good 14 months to hit 2015). Plus, where's Watch Dogs? It's supposedly out in November and hasn't been cancelled honest guv, but it's somewhat conspicuous by it's absence from that image.

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap hard drive that can be used with a Wii U and a Y-cable (so no power lead required)? Is there a standard recommendation? I don't know much about these things so I want to make sure I get something that works.

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap hard drive that can be used with a Wii U and a Y-cable (so no power lead required)? Is there a standard recommendation? I don't know much about these things so I want to make sure I get something that works.

http://m.play.com/pcsh/sonnics-160gb-25-inch-external-pocket-sized-usb-hard-drive-for-pc-/-laptops-/-macs-and-playstation-3-/-metallic-silver/product/95664016856198

I bought one of these 160gb drives. Came with the Y cable and only £25.

There's some fascinating stuff in the latest IGN Nintendo voice chat podcast - they talk to former Factor 5 president Julian Eggebrecht about the history of his company and, brilliantly, the history of the Rogue Squadren games on N64 & GC and the unreleased Rogue Squadren Trilogy on Wii. Very entertaining.

I don't get Bayonetta either but hey ho.

Looks likely we'll get a Wii U web based eshop

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/13/looks-as-though-a-web-version-of-the-nintendo-eshop-could-be-coming/

About time. Are Nintendo finally going to stop being reluctant to emulate what Sony and Microsoft do well?

I'm looking for a decently priced copy of Need for Speed Most Wanted but to no avail. Is it any good?

Anyone know if there's any new bundles coming out.

Want to get one of these for my little boy so he can play Lego City but GAME don't have any stock. I'm currently only looking at GAME as I got some of their virtual shares which I can cash in soon and they're worth £140 at present.

Anyone know if there's any new bundles coming out.

Want to get one of these for my little boy so he can play Lego City but GAME don't have any stock. I'm currently only looking at GAME as I got some of their virtual shares which I can cash in soon and they're worth £140 at present.

Can't you use the site? They do secondhand ones.

This arrived today. Just a warning for anyone thinking of ordering: it no longer comes with a Y-cable, just a regular USB cable that doesn't allow it to work properly with the Wii U.

I've ordered a Y-cable separately and while I wait for it to arrive I'm running it off an old powered USB hub I got with Rock Band, which seems to work just fine.