IGNORED

Nintendo Wii U

deKay

Does the Wii U reserve space for Wii data? I've only just got round to transferring all my VC and WiiWare games from my Wii, and they're all on an SD card. Am I saving any Wii U HD space by keeping them there? I'd rather have them on the Wii menu but not if it's going to use up Wii U storage space.

DK looks totally uninspired to me. It's obviously well made but nothing new or especially interesting.

It's certainly not new, it's not going to help the WiiU any... But based on it's predecessor, it'll be a lot more inventive than the videos indicate

Does the Wii U reserve space for Wii data? I've only just got round to transferring all my VC and WiiWare games from my Wii, and they're all on an SD card. Am I saving any Wii U HD space by keeping them there? I'd rather have them on the Wii menu but not if it's going to use up Wii U storage space.

512 MB will be reserved to emulate the built-in Wii storage. Anything that you copy to the Wii Menu will be stored within that 512 MB.

Shop? Where is the shop?

At 38 mins 50 secs onwards - a long first level :P It looks like it autosaves at the bottom but i always manually saved with that option.

Also get the Unite Guts and Unite Spring. (Or whatever it's called), as dekay says! If you got that far without them - well done!

It supposedly autosaves after every "event" (e.g. every time you get a trophy), but it never lets me continue from those points - only ever from the start of a full mission.

You keep finding new ways to astound me with your incredibly shit taste in games.

I don't think DK64 was amazing or anything, certainly not on par with Banjo or Conker (I'd say it's debatable if Tooie's better, though, considering the collect-o-thon similarities) but there was enough ideas and amusing touches in there that it showed that a open world 3D Donkey Kong game can certainly work.

I'd love them to try again, is all. The only 3D platformers we have now is Mario, and it's hard to call 3D World..erm...3D.

Fully fleshed out console DK94/MvDK1 would be amaze.

More like Troddlers than Lemmings, if anyone still remembers that. :)

Yeah, loved the demo... bought the full game and thought it was a bit crappy. Mind, i did the same with Worms - must have played the amiga demo for hours yet when i bought the full game i played it for 2 hours max.

Today's Wii U repair status.

I posted the faulty console off yesterday and it's now in far away Coventry being delivered. It took Nintendo 2 weeks to get back to me and within that time the 12 month warranty expired. I wonder if they'll do the decent thing and show some good will or will follow up on their email....

if you do not have valid proof of purchase or the cause of your problem falls outside the terms of the warranty, we will then quote you for a chargeable repair. With Wii U consoles, the repair charge will either be £53.50 for a minor repair, or £127.50 (white Wii U) or £137.50 (black Wii U) for a major repair.

They'll be minus one customer for this generation if they do.

Today's Wii U repair status.

I posted the faulty console off yesterday and it's now in far away Coventry being delivered. It took Nintendo 2 weeks to get back to me and within that time the 12 month warranty expired. I wonder if they'll do the decent thing and show some good will or will follow up on their email....

I would have thought if you can prove that the console fault occurred in the first 12 months then you'll be covered. It's Nintendo's fault if they are incredibly slow to sort things out.

After barely advertising / letting people know what a great machine it is and taking a good while to get a decent line up of stuff on it that'll be 50 million and 1 then eh!!

Fingers crossed for you :)