rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo Wii U

Anecdotal I know, but my mate in Canada got his wee lad a PS4 and it was DOA. He was so disgusted he took it back and got a Wii U. The kid still got COD Ghosts so he is happy.

Just completed the triforce quest in WWHD, using a walk through because, fuck that!

What a tedious ball ache that must have been on the GameCube, terrible idea to pad the game out. It's not exactly short as it is!

Still, the dungeons have been brilliant and I look forward to completing my first Zelda game, despite playing all of them since OOT.

• Upvote 2

I really honestly didn't find the triforce quest a grind. I just went around visiting the islands, seeing the fairies. If you have the Incredible chart it tells you where they all are anyway.

The only bit I didn't really like is the boss before the final boss. The only time when the controls and camera really get in the way.

For the ghost special move, I can see it being useful for people who like to group together and form a torch gang- they'd have to disperse or else they'd get zapped...

Most of my Wii games are NTSC, I only have a few PAL ones. How can I mod it for region free shenanigans?

Get a hold of one of the Wii games with save exploits and use it to install the Homebrew Channel: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode. I used Indiana Pwns to do mine.

I linked to a guide on it earlier in the topic (can't find it handily as I'm on the Wii U :))

You can then run your games off the disc using some region-free homebrew, or rip them to an HD and play with a USB loader.

• Upvote 1

Get a hold of one of the Wii games with save exploits and use it to install the Homebrew Channel: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode. I used Indiana Pwns to do mine.

I linked to a guide on it earlier in the topic (can't find it handily as I'm on the Wii U :))

You can then run your games off the disc using some region-free homebrew, or rip them to an HD and play with a USB loader.

Ah okay, is it idiot proof because I did that on my Wii but I could never get backup Gamecube games working and in the end I just had to start from scratch?

All I'm after at the moment is region free disc play, might change my mind once I've settled on a setup in the future.

Here, found that post: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/266279-the-wii-u-thread/?p=9526792

Pretty much:

Install Homebrew Channel via a hacked savegame

Use HB Channel to install custom IOSes which USB loaders need to run games

Put a USB loader on your SD card and launch it

Then you can put your Wii discs in and it'll let you run them, rip them to an HD and play them off the HD

Had a little play on my kids Xmas pressie earlier. Updates took 20 mins. Transferred Mii's from 3DS. Gamepad feels very comfy, UI is decent if a little slow. Display on pad was better than I expected, not quite as nice as 'dat screen' but still good. Shame no optical audio out as I have a pre-hdmi amp. Impressed by the amount of stuff you get in the box - didn't realise it came with stand for the pad and a sensor bar.

Downloaded TW101 demo, Jesus it was confusing. Didn't know what to look at, wasn't even sure which chars were enemies! Does the full game introduce things slowly? Think it put me off the full game a bit tbh.