rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo Wii U

If you haven't done so already you should try the challenges. The game really showcased its wonderful attention to detail in level design and enemy placement there for me. A much greater challenge than the main game too.

I bet you NEG is one of the robots. He has to be. They get bugger all viewers so it makes sense for him to pimp them on rllmuk.

Anyway when I now look at this thread it seems a place of sanity and happiness compared to the bloodbath next gen threads.

• Upvote 2

If you haven't done so already you should try the challenges. The game really showcased its wonderful attention to detail in level design and enemy placement there for me. A much greater challenge than the main game too.

I haven't tried those! I thought they were a mulitplayer thing and ignored it. And I have so many Star Coins to get still, and Luigi U sitting untouched and I just ordered Galaxy 2 because I never played it and frankly I might need to stop working to stay on top of my Marioing.

• Upvote 1

The Boost Challenges are multiplayer but the majority of them are things like time attack or finishing stages without touching the ground. There's over 80 in total. I hope all future Mario games add more of that stuff.

So I'm caving with all this positive praise for the WiiU and I plan to buy one Black Friday. I've grown bored of Mario Kart and never got into Smash Brothers so besides Mario 3D what can I expect for the next 12 months?

Are GameCube games coming to the virtual console? Would be nice to get a fix of Prime and F-Zero GX again. Will they be HD remakes if so?

Super Mario Darts & Snooker

(I'd actually buy this)

So I'm caving with all this positive praise for the WiiU and I plan to buy one Black Friday. I've grown bored of Mario Kart and never got into Smash Brothers so besides Mario 3D what can I expect for the next 12 months?

Are GameCube games coming to the virtual console? Would be nice to get a fix of Prime and F-Zero GX again. Will they be HD remakes if so?

Get The Wonderful 101.

• Upvote 1

The poor battery life on the controller is beginning to get annoying.

Has anyone tried either the official extended battery pack or a third party one? And if so, is it any good?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The poor battery life on the controller is beginning to get annoying.

Has anyone tried either the official extended battery pack or a third party one? And if so, is it any good?

Pre-ordered from Amazon so have had it for a week or two (recent Zelda pack convert and saw this as essential). That said I've only taken it through 2 charge cycles, however the 5-8 hour claim is true. I want to say in normal usage it's giving me about double the battery life.

For £25 I absolutely recommend it. The poor battery life on the pad is even worse than a handheld becuase you are gaming on it for hours on end.

For £25 I absolutely recommend it. The poor battery life on the pad is even worse than a handheld becuase you are gaming on it for hours on end.

I wish I was. But I have to go to work and stuff.

• Upvote 2

I wish I was. But I have to go to work and stuff.

Unless you're keeping it fully charged all the time, or plugging it into the mains - the battery life on the included battery pack is rubbish. As a fellow 'worker' I don't get much time either, but it's nice not to have to charge the controllers every few days.

Unless you're keeping it fully charged all the time, or plugging it into the mains - the battery life on the included battery pack is rubbish. As a fellow 'worker' I don't get much time either, but it's nice not to have to charge the controllers every few days.

I leave it in the dock when I'm not using it. That's what it's for.

• Upvote 1

How is NSMBU as a purely single player game?

(I'm sure this'll be sold out by the time I go to buy it but NM.)

It's the second best game ever made. Ever.

. I'm getting a PS4 in just over two weeks. What am I even thinking about it for?

Because it has loads of brilliant games. The PS4 doesn't really have much to get excited about just yet.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

How is NSMBU as a purely single player game?

(I'm sure this'll be sold out by the time I go to buy it but NM.)

It's a great 2D Mario game and some of the later levels are majestically designed.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, NSMBU is fantastic. I've been going through it in 2 player with my girlfriend and we defeated Bowser yesterday. Now we need to get the Star Coins! Multi's all about coordinating the lives, it's very easy to lose progress by both going down to zero on the same level. It's proper old school saving, we had to restart from ages back a number of times. It's much more fun than the single player (which is still really good), there are comedy moments galore when you accidentally bump into/jump on/throw your partner. But yeah, NSMBU is way, way better than I thought it would be. I hope it gets a sequel next year.

The only annoying quirk is that you can't play with one player on the game pad and the other on a Wiimote. Having to use 2 Wiimotes is bizarre.

• Upvote 3

Can't you just tell me it's rubbish? I can't get a Wii U. I can't. I'm getting a PS4 in just over two weeks. What am I even thinking about it for?

It's rubbish, right?

Get the PS4 in six months. It might actually have a game worth buying the system for by then.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I still can't believe that the Wii U is looking a better prospect right now than the Xbox One or PS4.

And I mean that genuinely, even though I've had one since launch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1