Elite Dangerous - Odyssey paid update due early 2021

Have added Mukhang to EDDB, and I'm running the market tool now, so everywhere I go should have up to date market data... Not that I tend to stop in too many places, but at least it's a bit more up to date now. Gonna update Eddb with all the faction data once the election is over.

Booted this up again after a little break. Plotted a path to Mukhang (60 jumps in my Sidewinder). Launched inside my base station and promptly forgot the buttons. Ended up bringing out my guns and firing instead of moving forward. The station retaliated and killed me in a flash. Time to rebuy.

Managed to get out and start my journey. Ended up in a system with no stations and no fuel scoop. Ended up committing suicide. :( Time to rebuy again and add a fuel scoop.

Will start up again when I get back on it.

9 hours ago, Danster said:

Have added Mukhang to EDDB, and I'm running the market tool now, so everywhere I go should have up to date market data... Not that I tend to stop in too many places, but at least it's a bit more up to date now. Gonna update Eddb with all the faction data once the election is over.

The faction is on Inara now too - did you do that? :)

http://inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/36577

Also says a station is owned?

Political missions are a dirty business aren't they? Took on some political combat missions in Basuseku and it was all Civilian targets - now got a massive bounty on my head in the name of the Symposium.

I don't know what the rules are for faction expansion, but there was a lot of political missions targeting Basuseku so I wonder if that's where we'll be next?

Took Fox out for some combat training at the nav beacon in Mukhaven last night. Found him a target and we both engage in our shiny new Eagles. It was all going pretty well until the police turned up and Fox shot a Symposium anaconda, I watched its giant cannons turn away from the pirate and nuke poor Cmdr Fox in one volley :)

In other news, im really glad you guys started up this faction and gave me an excuse to get back into the game. It seems like it's much closer to the game I hoped for originally. The mission system is much more friendly. The background simulation stuff is very clever and the whole thing feels more polished and fun in general.

It is telling that it took the creation of a player faction to get me to re-engage, but still it's happened and I'm very glad it has - loving it! I'm currently in a neighbouring system  murdering civilians at the behest of our shady Symposium leaders. My Viper MK4 got out with 4% hull after the last fight, great stuff!

Couple of questions:

1: Engineers - are they worth it? I've read they are a bit of a grind. Are there any near by that can be done as part of our faction? And is it worth the effort? 

2: Does killing pirates in our system and cashing in bounties at our station help our election chances? Or only improve my personal standing ? 

3: When I play in Open play I get kicked regularly with "Cannot connect to matchmaking server" - anyone else get this? 

Some of the engineer mods are great if you want to make a ship better at something it's not usually good at....although I only really dabble with stuff that increases FSD ranges, or that improves my ship's powerplant so I can fire for longer without depleting my energy banks.

I'd suggest hooking up with Felicity Farseer at Deciat, as she's got FSD upgrades. And, if you don't find jumping through her hoops too onerous, then you might get addicted to engineers. But I think she's the best one to start with if you're just wanting to dabble.

Cashing bounties will increase the influence of RLL Mukhang if you do it at one of our stations***. No idea if that will affect the election, but my guess is that the higher our influence the more chance we have of winning it anyway.

I very rarely go into Open, but I haven't had any disconnections with that error message whenever I have done. I get plenty of other random disconnections in Solo/Private Group, but not that one....

*** So, Mukhang.....we seem to be in control of the main station now too (Nergerberger or whatever it's damn well called). I hadn't realised. So people can sell exploration data there, trade there and hand in cartograhpic data there and no longer benefit the scum of The Emperor's Grace!

*** So, Mukhang.....we seem to be in control of the main station now too (Nergerberger or whatever it's damn well called). I hadn't realised. So people can sell exploration data there, trade there and hand in cartograhpic data there and no longer benefit the scum of The Emperor's Grace!

Does this mean we have won the election ? 

No were still in election state, we've just managed to take over the main station in the meantime. The system now shows up as being under no overall control, but its our name that appears in the bottom left info panel when you're flying around the system.

This election is in the bag I reckon. Just remains to be seen if we're gonna be space Trump or space Clinton.

Be interested to see how we start the spread to another system after this.

The election seemed to be going so well that I headed over to Novas for the mysterious 5th of November thingy* and I'm now doing the shady CG. But I'll be heading back to Mukhang shortly for the next stage in our galactic conquest.

*All these Cmdrs, and no one shot each other, which was nice:

Cmdrs.png

8 hours ago, Argh said:

The ejection was still going on when we were controlling the hub. Weird.

Umm....

In other news I've been doing some missions to help out.  Had one yesterday to get some autofabricators to donate.  Looked it up on a website and set off.  Got to the system to find the outpost didn't exist and the next one that had stock was another 11 jumps away!

Did one mission at the weekend that involved an 80 jump trip in a cobra.  Hope you lot appreciated that!

It's very nice being able to base out of the main station! 

Wracked up some nice bounties last night and got my empire rank up to friendly. Also managed a long session in open play with no disconnects. Didn't see any Mukkers in Mukhang though!   

Turns out Basuseku sells Vultures, so I'm trying one out. What a beast! Might try some of the engineer stuff to upgrade the FSD / powerplant as suggested above.  If I upgrade my powerplant then buy a better one do I have to repeat the upgrade process? Whats the best way to go about this stuff?

Commander Sponge was making his way to Mukville last night and ran out of fuel. With 2.5 minutes of air left he logged off and I commenced a rescue mission. As I arrived at his location he logged on we formed a wing. I drop out of warp onto his beacon with 30 seconds to spare, fuel limpets ready... and ... nothing....

Couldnt find his ship just a blue "wingman beacon signal" - frantically I flew around trying to locate his ship as he choked to death in his cockpit :( 

Why wasn't his ship at the beacon ? 

28 minutes ago, Strategos said:

I went to the system he was in , saw him on the radar, locked onto and dropped out of warp at his wing beacon and flew around the blue icon for the beacon in space! 

Sounds like a bug.  Forward it to Frontiers.  

Danster and I had a similar problem.  I had run out of fuel and just drifted there.  Accepted his request to form up in wing and all hell broke loose.  Ship destructed before we could do anything.  Looks like that part of the game still needs tweaking a bit.