IGNORED

Elite Dangerous - Console players can move their save to PC

Thor

is it too long a jump for you? 

Just playing, got a passenger who's a criminal (hey he's high paying) as I left Nuremberg I get scanned and then blown up in second! Doh... anyway restart and the passengr is still there and the mission is still on! Ha... heat sinks and silent running from now on ;)

Oh and we are not in an election state yet, we are in Boom, so double influence for trading and combat missions still count for now.

24 minutes ago, Blu3Flame said:

Get in touch with Frontier and they'll refund you the loss.

For some reason I now have a bounty in Maker, so I'm beginning to think I was actually blown up by the station rather than crashed by my autopilot.... maybe... I dunno it's only money, it's the big paying luxury passenger and losing my allied status with the Symposium that really annoyed me.

Am at work so I'll watch that later, what's it about roughly?

Chatting to Argh last night we both agreed that having a civil war would be much more fun than an election, is there anyway to influence what method is used to take over? Like if we all did more combat missions is it more likely to result in war than if we do deliveries, passenger and trading ruins?

The video is about passenger missions and the great money that can be made doing them. He recommends NOT taking on criminal passengers because of a possible bug which he demonstrates, getting blown up extremely quickly when nearing a base.

Ah right, yeah heard about that one, apparently the base itself opens fire on you. Just means you have to be a bit sneakier ;)

The weird thing is when I lost my Beluga I wasn't carrying a wanted criminal, but I was killed so quickly it must have been the base attacking me.

They do make good money though, took a business man on a 600ly trip for 10m cr last night.

I haven't played lately due to moving apartments. I am really tempted to return from my exploration trip and see how things develop in MUKhang, even though I do not like Empire at all. But I know I will probably not get much opportunity after I return to see the core (I am not an explorer per se). And making good money from exploration takes a huge amount of time. Are there any passenger missions that pay good and take you to the core, for example? I haven't checked.

Yes, I think there was a mission to take someone to the core for 56million but I've seen others for about 20mill, I guess it depends if they are VIP passengers. I even saw passenger missions to go even further. There might be a time limit on some of them though so you won't have time to do any scanning. Someone mentioned a passenger mission to Sag A with a time limit of three days. 

What a load of shit, have interdictions been nerfed or something in the last update? I just cannot interdict anyone, and the "covert" mission IS boring as shit, waiting around for a particular civilian craft (1 in 20 craft), chase them down, stop them (0/5 attempts so far) and kill them (I should be so lucky). And I've got to do this 20 times? Fuck this shit. I'd rather do the assassination jobs at least those give you a target. Bah!

@siread it was a bit fiddly to set it up, but I have it so that:

- throttle controls zoom 

- throttle hat moves map cursor forward/back/left/right

- stick roll = spin view left/right

- stick pitch = tilt view up/down

- stick hat 1 = menu navigation

- stick hat 2 = move cursor up / down & move map cursor up/down

Is that the kinda answer you were after?

yeah I don't use the mouse!! the position of it is apparently completely wrong / misleading in VR!

you can get quite adept at using the zoom / pan controls to select stuff.  And you can always bookmark / search for things pretty easily (I find typing in VR pretty straightforward tbh!)

Have added Mukhang to EDDB, and I'm running the market tool now, so everywhere I go should have up to date market data... Not that I tend to stop in too many places, but at least it's a bit more up to date now. Gonna update Eddb with all the faction data once the election is over.

• Thor changed the title to Elite Dangerous - Console players can move their save to PC