Thor

Elite Dangerous - Beyond: Chapter Four - 11/12/18

If you're talking about guns then that's probably all you can put in that slot.

If you're not already aware you can see everything that each ship can put in any slot at  coriolis.io. Ship outfitting simulator.

Apols if teaching to suck eggs

29 minutes ago, Argh said:

If you're talking about guns then that's probably all you can put in that slot.

If you're not already aware you can see everything that each ship can put in any slot at  coriolis.io. Ship outfitting simulator.

Apols if teaching to suck eggs

Nope, not at all.  I had managed to fit out a decentish cobra, but that was sometime ago.  Then I stopped playing for a bit.  Then Danster and this thread lured me back in. 

I spent two hours last night trying to find where we're expanding into and couldn't find anything. Gonna need some help finding out where we're going I think...

As far as I can tell, we will have a small amount of influence in a new system when it's complete. I had some missions redirect me to Hemait but I think that's just a coincidence?

When the expansion is over it should just be a matter of checking nearby systems for ones that Symposium now exists in, then we run missions in that system to bring up our influence.

Chances are that we'll then be in a piddly little one station system that we can expand out of again really quickly.

Just had a thought, we're right down near the Maia end of the bubble, aren't we? Near barnacle country. We might be right on the front line of the thargoid war when it comes.

I've been to the ruins, and a couple of the "hot theory" planets that crop up from various theories on the official forums. Haven't seen anything interesting yet though.

I reckon people have solved the ruins mystery, but we found them too soon and there's just no more content ready yet.

Interestingly though, elite's official novelist has tweeted today that he hopes everyone interested in the mysteries have fully updated their game in time for Thursday.

Thursday is always new CG day, so I'm guessing there'll be a CG related to all the mystery stuff this week. Probably as underwhelming as all the others so far though.

The skin doesn't extend to the kit parts does it? So is it a matter of making sure you have a skin that gels nicely with the unchangeable colour of the kit bits?

So now it looks like I'm going to be investing in this again I might as well go ahead and upgrade to horizons.  What's the best (cheapest) way of doing that?  Wait for Black Friday in the vain hope that it'll go on sale again?  If so how does the save carry over?

Thanks

2 hours ago, davidcotton said:

So now it looks like I'm going to be investing in this again I might as well go ahead and upgrade to horizons.  What's the best (cheapest) way of doing that?  Wait for Black Friday in the vain hope that it'll go on sale again?  If so how does the save carry over?

Thanks

Not sure if they'll have a sale planned or not.

When you buy it your save will just carry over, as it's hosted on their servers. You'll need to download the Horizons client to play the additional features.

• Upvote 1

On 15/11/2016 at 13:22, Strategos said:

As far as I can tell, we will have a small amount of influence in a new system when it's complete. I had some missions redirect me to Hemait but I think that's just a coincidence?

When the expansion is over it should just be a matter of checking nearby systems for ones that Symposium now exists in, then we run missions in that system to bring up our influence.

Are we able to influence which system we expand to?

Been having fun doing Horizon missions on planets, bezzing around finding skimmers to shoot, dying trying to attack heavily armed fortresses. Crashing into Cmder Sponge. 

I found the planet stuff a bit aimless originally, but with a goal its pretty nice , at least to mix things up occasionally. It also adds yet another sense of scale to the game which I love. 

9 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Is now a good time to dive in, or should I wait for deals nearer/after Xmas?

Personally, I'd wait til next week. Steam will have a Thanksgiving sale and Horizons may be discounted. If it is, you win. If it isn't, you don't lose much.

Do we have a plan for Basuseku? looks like we've got missions available at all the bases, so do we hit everything we can or concentrate on one?

I think just hitting everything will expand us across the system and then we'll see what happens, I'm not particularly bothered about making all the bases belong to us, let's just concentrate on getting as many systems as possible.

I tend to cruise across all stations in the system to pick up missions from the Symposium as they often target deliveries etc to the same systems / stations - so I don't see any harm in that manner.

I've just paid off ~500,000 bounty from Basuseku (due to the Symposium's electioneering efforts a couple of weeks back) as well so the timing is pretty good for me