IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Doctor Shark

I hope we don't see any brown Jedi robes in any of these films apart from the occasional Jedi spirit appearance. They were everywhere in the prequels and they just don't make any sense. I always thought Ben Kenobi dressed like that in Star Wars because he was supposed to be keeping a low profile and the robes helped to keep the sand out of his hair. Fucking fan-fiction prequel shite.

Anakin's ghost (even before his CGI beheading) basically proves this to be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/obi-wan-kenobi-set-to-return-star-wars-episode-vii/

Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor may both be back as ghosts.

Rolling your eyes, yes? That's just the warm up.

There's also a rumour of the Alec Guinness ghost being replaced by McGregor ghost, like when Shaw was replaced by Christensen.

Maybe just burn the whole bloody lot down and be done with it.

To be fair, it's not like they can get Alec Guinness to be in the next film.

They don't NEED him in the next films. Just write a decent story continuing 30 odd years on from Jedi. It's not rocket science given the rich history of the original trilogy. Or adapt the Thrawn books.

I have much hope in my heart. But let's face it, it's going to be shit-shit-shit.

Spoke with a guy, much younger than me, the other day. He grew up with the prequels and likes them. He doesn't really get why the originals are the best. According to him there's a mountain of great stuff in the expanded universe.

Are any of you into all that EU stuff? What's the good bits from it?

Why do they need Force ghosts at all.

And if they really, really have to have one for no good reason - just use Yoda.

It's a concern that they are trying to link episode 3 to episode 7. Maybe we'll get Ja Ja and Natalie Portman ghost as well

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/obi-wan-kenobi-set-to-return-star-wars-episode-vii/

Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor may both be back as ghosts.

Rolling your eyes, yes? That's just the warm up.

There's also a rumour of the Alec Guinness ghost being replaced by McGregor ghost, like when Shaw was replaced by Christensen.

Maybe just burn the whole bloody lot down and be done with it.

Imagine If they replaced Guinness with McGregor on Hoth & Dagobah aswell (i dont see why they wouldnt if they think replacing him in the last scene is a good idea) I think that would be the final straw

Besides, I can imagine McGregor wanting to make up for the shitness of the prequel trilogy.

Maybe, I've seen him in a few interviews where he came across as being completely embarrassed about the whole thing.

Imagine If they replaced Guinness with McGregor on Hoth & Dagobah aswell (i dont see why they wouldnt if they think replacing him in the last scene is a good idea) I think that would be the final straw

Also the lines at the end of ANH.

Why bring them back as ghosts? Let's have them time travel and reverse stuff that happened in Star Wars! Imagine Obi-Wan and Anakin as a sort of Star Wars Bill & Ted! Having to remember to leave a lightsabre here, a bucket to drop on a stormtroopers head there! Hell, let's have Obi-Wan shoot Greedo!