IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Captain Kelsten

'Savage Opress'

I'm fairly confident in declaring that one to be proper shit.

Someone in the general Star Wars thread (I think) posted an interview with a games company that were doing some Star Wars game and Lucas insisted on having an input on the names, which were all ridiculous. I can't remember specifics, but it was stuff like Darth Furious or Darth Mental. Someone'll fill in the blanks here I'm sure.

NJMoUxd.jpg

UHm4wHe.png

Wow, is that for certain? I thought it might be Trinto Duaba when I saw the castle pirates photo yesterday but I wasn't sure. Half of me wants it to be an older Trinto Duaba in TFA just for the fun of it, but on the other hand it could be one of those risky universe-shrinking fan-service moves if it's not done properly. From the photo it definitely looks like it should be the same character, although his face doesn't look quite as skeletal now, which would be strange given that he's likely to be in his 90s (like Salo Gardner.)

I've got one of those signed pics he's holding in that first photo btw. :)

I love that line up as the Cantina and Jabba's Palace scenes are some of my favourite in the franchise, but I read someone comment elsewhere that they look more like they belong on the set of a Hellboy movie and now I can't unsee it.

Mm, kinda see what you mean, although I think it's less to do with the design and more to do with the quality of the prosthetics. I guess they use different rubbers/plastics than they would have back in 1970, catches the light differently.

I like all the thobes and headwraps they use.....I know that's an age old SW thing but I've always liked that look.

Really? For some reason, I thought they had been dropped.

It's all very dumb and complicated. but...

On April 25, 2014, a StarWars.com press release confirmed that the films of the sequel trilogy would not adhere to the post–Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe,[10] with further comments from LucasBooks Senior Editor Jennifer Heddle confirming that the EU as a whole is no longer considered canon. The EU has been re-termed "Legends," with related publications remaining in print under that banner.
Since then, the only previously published material still considered canon are the six original trilogy/prequel trilogy films and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film. Most material published after April 25—such as the Star Wars Rebels TV series and all novels beginning with A New Dawn—is also considered part of the new canon, on account of the creation of the Lucasfilm Story Group, which currently oversees continuity as a whole. Characters under the Legends banner are still available for use as needed, even if events concerning them are no longer canon.