IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Captain Kelsten

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that there will be nothing from the prequels in the new one. JJ has been very tactful about it, but basically all his answers have been "we're taking nothing from them".

And Cumberbatch definitely isn't Khan. ;)

Characters from The Clone Wars have turned up in Rebels, and the new Marvel Star Wars comics have done some interesting things with prequel locations in the original trilogy era. All bets are off, basically.

I love that line up as the Cantina and Jabba's Palace scenes are some of my favourite in the franchise, but I read someone comment elsewhere that they look more like they belong on the set of a Hellboy movie and now I can't unsee it.

It's a really shit name, isn't it? <_<

In fairness, what are the criteria for declaring a Star Wars name to be shit? How do you quantify the shitness of a name like Captain Phasma (which I quite like, actually) over names we're all perfectly comfortable with, such as Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb or even Chewbacca?

Keep an open mind folks. Everything I've seen and read about The Force Awakens so far has got me thinking we're in for a real treat come December - a genuine, lovingly-crafted follow-up to the original trilogy that's getting the balance between recapturing what made the first three films so great and taking the saga in an exciting new direction just right.

General Grievous. Oh yeah, he sounds like an easy going chap, handing out gifts to all and sundry and helping old ladies along the Kessel Run. Should have used something far more ambiguous such as, Baddie Doomface McKiddiefiddler.

It's sort of the weird nature of this thread that it has been known for months but people don't feel comfortable talking about it openly until someone like Vanity give us license.

I'm not obsessively following every minutiae of this film in the run-up so it was news to me. Not a big fan of the new stormtrooper helmets looks like they have a daft grin across their face but maybe it'll grow on me.