IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Captain Kelsten

Greedo was already pointing a gun at Han, so it was self-defence

tumblr_m0tzkrbMYg1qmvbmuo1_400.gif

I dont think we are disagreeing. Han was completely aware that the conversation was going to end with greedo killing him. He got in first and killed greedo. Thus establishing his character

Must have been something bad about the direction of this if you are a fan of the series as they say he was, to pass up on your golden ticket to helm a SW film.

" Josh, we see this film as a kind of musical road movie. The almost mythic journey of Sy Snootles and the Rebo band and how they wind up in Jabba palace. Think Frozen, but with sand instead of snow and Salacious Crumb as the comic relief. A huge finale of a battle of the bands against the Bith band, it's gonna be great..'

door slams

Must have been something bad about the direction of this if you are a fan of the series as they say he was, to pass up on your golden ticket to helm a SW film.

" Josh, we see this film as a kind of musical road movie. The almost mythic journey of Sy Snootles and the Rebo band and how they wind up in Jabba palace. Think Frozen, but with sand instead of snow and Salacious Crumb as the comic relief. A huge finale of a battle of the bands against the Bith band, it's gonna be great..'

door slams

Sounds like he was fired.

Yes, there's speculation there for sure but if the studio (Fox) themselves admit there were issues on his current movie, caused by him, no way is Disney taking a chance. He probably wasn't fired, rather Disney gave him little option other than to bow out.

Be interesting to see who gets the job.

I think I may be a bit slow on the uptake with this but I was on the loo and suddenly thought

that Han and Chewie in the trailer have just got the Falcon back, hence that is their home rather than returning somewhere in the Falcon.

It was then that I did a poo...

I remember buying the equivalent Vanity Fair issue ahead of the Phantom Menace coming out. The photos were fantastic. It was all so exciting. And look how that turned out.

So as a public service I WON'T be buying that mag, or any other pre-release hype items. No books, no video games, not even any Lego. Hopefully this will ensure the film turns out OK, and even if it doesn't at least I'll have saved a few quid and have a bit less useless tat.

How's about this for mad speculation territory? I'm sitting here, on Star Wars day, watching Revenge of the Sith before I move on to Return of the Jedi. Mace Windu is fighting Palpatine and Anakin cuts off his right hand, Palpatine blasts him with lightning and sends him out the rear windu. We never see him land, we never see him die...

R2D2_Luke_star_wars.jpg

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that there will be nothing from the prequels in the new one. JJ has been very tactful about it, but basically all his answers have been "we're taking nothing from them".

Luke loses his right hand. Anakin loses his right arm. The Wampa loses its right arm. The Shapeshifter in EpII loses her right arm. The guy in the cantina loses his right arm.